Sign in to follow this  
ahinterl

2D panel 4:3?

Just for my information: Does PMDG plan to develop a 2D panel in 4:3 aspect ratio for the 737NGX?
If you get yourself a copy of "Panel Studio", ( or similar,) you can make your own 737NGX 2D panels, and make them any way you want, and in whatever 4:3 or 16:9 format you want, using the existing 2D 737NGX gauges. One advantage of 2D panels -- you have some control over them, and "if you want to", you can modify them as you see fit.

If you get yourself a copy of "Panel Studio", ( or similar,) you can make your own 737NGX 2D panels, and make them any way you want, and in whatever 4:3 or 16:9 format you want, using the existing 2D 737NGX gauges. One advantage of 2D panels -- you have some control over them, and "if you want to", you can modify them as you see fit.
oh thats cool, paying 50 euro, but "creating" own 2D panels.......seriously. hope a 4:3 2D is coming with SP1

You do not HAVE to purchase Panel Studio. You can edit your panel.cfg file in NOTEPAD, if you can figure out what you are doing. Praying.gif ( hey, some people even still write HTML in Notepad !! ) It's just a LOT EASIER to design panels graphically in Panel Studio.

I want a 4:3 2D panel too ...

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

oh thats cool, paying 50 euro, but "creating" own 2D panels.......seriously. hope a 4:3 2D is coming with SP1
Hi, I think it would be a great idea if PMDG releases, with SP1, the 2D panel in 4:3 aspect.Many other developers do that as many users prefere those monitors because of its high resolution. I have a 21", runnig under 1600X1200. Sure I plan to by a 35" led monitor, but not right now. Btw...what a superb model is that PMDG737NG. Fantastic plane!!! Regards

You do not HAVE to purchase Panel Studio. You can edit your panel.cfg file in NOTEPAD, if you can figure out what you are doing. Praying.gif ( hey, some people even still write HTML in Notepad !! ) It's just a LOT EASIER to design panels graphically in Panel Studio.
put i HAVE purchased the pmdg ngx! with 2D Panels..which dont work on my screen! (yeah there are people out there, who just dont have a widescreen minitor or a monster pc!) ...so if i buy something, it should work? or? so i hope they give us this update..

Thats a good Topic I would also prefer that PMDG releases a 4:3 panel with SP(1). best regards Markus

I really do not see what all the fuss is about 4:3 monitors. I run a 4:3 monitor, and the 2D Panels display fine. OK, so the Circles are a little bit Squashed in the Horizontal plane, but it is really not a big deal. If it is, then just resize them in the panel.cfg. I also have a 10:9 monitor. Should I expect PMDG to also take the time to produce 10:9 2D panels ?? 4:3 displays are fast becomming obsolete. If you still have a 4:3 CRT monitor, you will find the cost saving in electricity, if you buy a modern LCD monitor, will pay for that new monitor in less than 2 years. Its not fair on developers when customers purchase what they are curently offereing, and then demand that the developer adds more additional features (at no additional cost), and treat the developer as if they own them, just because they have bought one of their products. Yes, one can expect any major BUGS to be corrected, but that should be it. If PMDG do decide to produce 4:3 2D panels -- good for you -- but probably Bad for everyone else, as PMDG could probably be spending that time doing other things that would far more benefit the majority of their customers. Resizing 2D panels is something YOU can do for yourseleves, if it is that important to you, and in doing so, you can make them EXACTLY what YOU want them to be. Fixing Registration and OOM issues, or significant aircraft system Bugs, is something only PMDG can do. Looking for REALISM -- do you think the First 737's off the Boeing production lines were without BUGS, that had to be corrected at a later date. ??

PMDG aren't going to (in a way) downgrade their panels to 4:3. They are 16:10, that is it. Resize them to fit your screen. You should've thought about it before jumping on the buying bandwagon. PMDG's 2D's are widescreen.

PMDG aren't going to (in a way) downgrade their panels to 4:3. They are 16:10, that is it. Resize them to fit your screen. You should've thought about it before jumping on the buying bandwagon. PMDG's 2D's are widescreen.
You tell them Grrl Applause.gif

I really do not see what all the fuss is about 4:3 monitors. I run a 4:3 monitor, and the 2D Panels display fine. OK, so the Circles are a little bit Squashed in the Horizontal plane, but it is really not a big deal. If it is, then just resize them in the panel.cfg. I also have a 10:9 monitor. Should I expect PMDG to also take the time to produce 10:9 2D panels ?? 4:3 displays are fast becomming obsolete. If you still have a 4:3 CRT monitor, you will find the cost saving in electricity, if you buy a modern LCD monitor, will pay for that new monitor in less than 2 years. Its not fair on developers when customers purchase what they are curently offereing, and then demand that the developer adds more additional features (at no additional cost), and treat the developer as if they own them, just because they have bought one of their products. Yes, one can expect any major BUGS to be corrected, but that should be it. If PMDG do decide to produce 4:3 2D panels -- good for you -- but probably Bad for everyone else, as PMDG could probably be spending that time doing other things that would far more benefit the majority of their customers. Resizing 2D panels is something YOU can do for yourseleves, if it is that important to you, and in doing so, you can make them EXACTLY what YOU want them to be. Fixing Registration and OOM issues, or significant aircraft system Bugs, is something only PMDG can do. Looking for REALISM -- do you think the First 737's off the Boeing production lines were without BUGS, that had to be corrected at a later date. ??
My Good!!! Why so many screeming!!! What's the problem to have a configuration panel to use the PMDG737NGX 2D panel in a 4:3 CRT monitor??? Btw, if someone has the configuration, It woul be nice to share with all the simmers that need it! Regards

I would also like to know if PMDG is planning on adding a 4:3 2D panel with SP1? Right now I'm waiting for the SP before I buy the plane. A reply from someone from PMDG would be appreciated on this topic. Jon

Hi, it is interesting to know, that I could do that on my own. Please provide us with more detailed information. If everybody could do that on his/her own, we would not need a 4:3 panel. What should we change, to get a 4:3 panel??? Thanks for your reply

I think people may be confusing 4:3 with 5:4 as well.... Plenty of modern monitors out there with 5:4 aspects.