Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

FS a terrorist tool...

It's OK, and that's still pretty interesting. I remember after it happened, so many of the TV shows and movies that were being made were shelved for over a year. (I was working for a movie studio at that time). Everyone at home was reactionary and no doubt the Brits as well.The thing of it is, could you really learn to fly as well as you could today with that version of the sim?Mark

"Virgin Megastores and Woolworths have already cleared their shelves of the game..." Well, we have no virgin megastores and we've cleared Woolworth's from our shopping centers. Ahem. But seriously folks, when my friends visit and fly my system and they deliberately crash the planes or use the seaplanes to "water ski" I get upset and suggest we go watch a movie instead. "The sim is not a game!" I tell them. And no, my friends are not terrorist wannabes.

What a bunch of c#ap! You fight terrorists with an offensive posture, not a defensive one. Hmmm so, you don't think someone can buy FSX online, or even download it illegally? Some folks just do not live in the real world. Bob

Ridiculous. Does anyone remember the release of FS2002, just after 9/11. It was thought then that they used flightsim for 'training'. I think the release was slightly delayed as a result, and the twin towers were removed from FS2002 before release. But not to worry. It's just the glorious British Health and Safety brigade at work. No stone will be left unturned until everyone's fun is spoiled.

I remember that Duke (I think a patch was made to remove the towers if I recall). I get the standard comments when people come in my office and see the yoke on my flight sim desk. "Can I try it"?, sure I say. Then after about three minutes they want to crash and always excalim that the crash gfx stink. I say it is a flight simulator, not a plane crash simulator.....(as well my friends compare it to a game and expect spectacular crashes and so on like you would in games).

Next it will be automobile driver games. There have been way more people killed with truck and car bombs than sky-jackings and plane bombs. While we are at it, we better just get rid of those pesky driver license's, entirely too much risk there.Unfortunately, it's not just your British Health and Safety Brigade, it is radical liberals everywhere who want to control every aspect of your life, cradle to grave.

Next it will be automobile driver games. There have been way more people killed with truck and car bombs than sky-jackings and plane bombs. While we are at it, we better just get rid of those pesky driver license's, entirely too much risk there.Unfortunately, it's not just your British Health and Safety Brigade, it is radical liberals everywhere who want to control every aspect of your life, cradle to grave.
It's not the liberals who want to regulate, it's the GOP right wing religeous folks....(sorry for getting off color political, but's its the truth) The Dems don't like regulating rights. It's so funny how people think it's the exact opposite when the facts are clear as day. Just goes to show advertising is everything.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Give it a rest, guys. That article was written two days after the attacks. I'm sure a lot of actions were taken in those days that were not that well considered.

"it's the GOP right wing religeous folks"...LOL.gifShocked.gif
That's a stupid statement! Stan

Yep, just the same as if they said it was the left wing liberals.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

I agree. Just the same this whole topic is moot considering this article was written over 10 years ago.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I agree. Just the same this whole topic is moot considering this article was written over 10 years ago.
Agreed - terminate it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |