Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

Full screen and windowed mode

Which would you recommend? As I've been testing this afternoon, my computer seems to have better performance when in full screen mode. However, when something pop up it flick like hell. I always use windowed mode and don't care too much about the full screen. Now that it improves my FS performance,maybe I will think twice :D

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I guess its a personal opinion for you to decide. If you get a much noticeable improvement in frame rates or performance then you will have to balance that against flickering popups. I my opinion, you won't see popups that often, so maybe you could tolerate the occasional flickering popup in exchange for better performance. As an aside, you shouldn't really have flickering popups. Maybe you need to change resolutions, or tweak another graphics parameter to get popups that don't flicker. Maybe you need a newer or older driver version. IMO, if you get a driver/resolution/graphics setting that works, KEEP IT. Do not upgrade your drivers or change anything! I have learned though experience that if it works don't break it.

I guess its a personal opinion for you to decide. If you get a much noticeable improvement in frame rates or performance then you will have to balance that against flickering popups. I my opinion, you won't see popups that often, so maybe you could tolerate the occasional flickering popup in exchange for better performance. As an aside, you shouldn't really have flickering popups. Maybe you need to change resolutions, or tweak another graphics parameter to get popups that don't flicker. Maybe you need a newer or older driver version. IMO, if you get a driver/resolution/graphics setting that works, KEEP IT. Do not upgrade your drivers or change anything! I have learned though experience that if it works don't break it.
As already stated, it is a matter of personal taste but in my opinion, full screen is much more immersive and therefore more realistic. In windowed mode it just seems to be screaming "computer program" whereas in full screen you are more likely to be drawn into the simulation to where you almost forget it's not real life. (In some situations at least)... I also find the screen resolution much clearer in full screen and agree that the performance is also better. And as for the shimmering pop ups - as the person above said, that should not be happening so you should be able to find a fix to stop that. Good luckIan