Sign in to follow this  
Kpf93

Framerate varies when I change the settings?

Hello guys!I don't know if it have been brought up in the forum before but I didn't find anything. The issue I have is that I have good fps in the VC cockpit, with scenerys I have around 22-25 but when I like open Firefox or any other program the frames drops down to 10-14. I open up the display settings, change like Global max texture (Name?) down one step, press ok then I have the good frames again. BUT, after opening any other program or letting it run for a while, it happens again. Then I open up display settings and drag the global max texture to full again, then the problems disappears again. This happens all the time and for every flight I need to change the settings like 8 times so I don't have bad frames when I am landing. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

Maybe FSX is loosing focus within Windows, and is thus downgraded as processing importance. And when you change settings... it gets bumped up again.

Cristi Neagu

Hello guys!I don't know if it have been brought up in the forum before but I didn't find anything. The issue I have is that I have good fps in the VC cockpit, with scenerys I have around 22-25 but when I like open Firefox or any other program the frames drops down to 10-14. I open up the display settings, change like Global max texture (Name?) down one step, press ok then I have the good frames again. BUT, after opening any other program or letting it run for a while, it happens again. Then I open up display settings and drag the global max texture to full again, then the problems disappears again. This happens all the time and for every flight I need to change the settings like 8 times so I don't have bad frames when I am landing. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?
Something I learned loooong ago with FS2004 is to terminate all non-essential applications, processes and services and to get everything set up (addons, configuration, weather, flight planning, etc.) before starting the sim. Once I start the sim, the ONLY thing I switch out of the sim for is to start Radar Contact. Don't make FSX compete with a bunch of garbage like Mozilla. But to tag Christi, it sounds like a priority change. My two cents,Trevor

Yeah but the thing is that it happens even when I have most of the applications down as well? It doesn't happening in any other planes either, that is really bugging me :(

Yeah but the thing is that it happens even when I have most of the applications down as well? It doesn't happening in any other planes either, that is really bugging me tongue.png
Well... the NGX isn't "other planes". Even though it's probably the most optimized plane ever for flight sim, it still is very resource intensive.

Cristi Neagu

I noticed a sudden dip in frame rate by 50%. REX was running in the background, but not downloading weather at that time. I shut down REX, and the frame rates doubled. Martin Wilby

Well I don't use REX so :( And Cristi. Well the thing is that I get a lot of frames from time to time, maybe it is some bug in the aircraft it self? I don't know if it have been brought up before?