Sign in to follow this  
michaelb15

Nice looking clouds?

I just had to reformat my computer and in doing so I lost my clouds.. I had a package of high peformance clouds that still looked better then default but I dont remember which ones they were.. Does anybody know which clouds I may be talking about? I belive they were dx1 or dx3 and not 32 bit, and they looked VERY nice.. and they still ran better and looked better then default. Thanks

Guest jahman
...it was a free download
Now tou tell me... Big Grin.gif Cheers, - jahman.

HDE v2

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I just tried this but FSX crashes.
I had this problem at first, but it was caused from improper installation.. If I remember correctly, for the most part it has to be installed into fsx/scenery/global/texture, and not just fsx/texture... or atleast most of the files.. Just make sure you follow the read me exactly like it says or fsx WILL crash.. It took me a few days to figure it out.. When I reinstall it I will repost exactly where to install all the files, because it is a very worthwile download, and once installed correctly it will give a good peformance boost with great looking clouds :)

HDE v2.0 will mainly work fine in FSX, but don't install the sky textures, as they are not compatible with FSX. For FSX compatible sky textures use the FSX HDE Sky Textures found on FlightSim.Com.