Sign in to follow this  
liketofly1

Passenger Weight?

Hi all, Sorry if it's somewhere in the books, but what weight does the PMDG 737NGX calculate for each passenger? Is there a difference for fist and coach class? regardsrichi

I haven't found anything in the books either but. doing a little math, it should be around 75kg or a little bit more per passenger.

Hi it's a good question because I realized earlier that payload calculations made by TopCat utility is higher -by about 3,000LPS at a 140 passengers two class configuration- than the pay load @ NGX FMC with all variables are the same except for passenger weight ? That makes the NGX passengers more athletic and slimmer about 20LPS :)

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

I stand to be corrected
I think the industry standars is 195lbs per passenger. ( KG = ?) Im going by what i heard on aircraft investigation ( lol ) It used to be 175lbs, but when a plane crashed due to being over wieght ( useing 175lbs as an average weight per passenger) they changed this number as times change and people are getting fatter.

Some airlines go by 180lbs in the summer and 195 in the winter.

Ken Ehlers
F70

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi. We use 195 lbs in winter time and 190 lbs summer time in Dispatch (USA) but looks to me PMDG using different weights. I was using 195/190 and it never gave me right weights on total payloads.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

We use two weights Summer and winter. 200lbs for a male, 185 for female 75 for children in the summer, in the winter its 215, 200, 75. I was hoping PMDG provided what they use.

well when I added 10 first class passengers it added 1,800Lb. so for 1st class paxs it seems to be 180Lb/pax

Sean (Brisbane, Australia)

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2904 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s) OPSYS Windows 11 Homex64 Application Lockheed Martin P3Dv4

Hi all.... Well, i did the math myself, so Passenger weight seems to be 180lb or 80kg per Passenger, never mind if first of second class.... How ever, I still have a question to the developers. Would it be possible to get a chart with the weights of the Airplane? Like DOW, MAX Taxi, MTOW, MAX Landing etc. and what the program actually uses for passengers in the different configs.I mean the actual weights the program uses..... Is there a change of weight for different configs? like normally there would be a difference if I only have one class or two class seating installed etc. regardrichi