Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

Update MCP Display

Hi Community, I would like to know, how to send an continous update for example to the DispALT() function.My problem is, that I would like to send an special offset of the Wilco Airbus to the MCP Panel. I know that it is possible to set the offset at the InitDsp () function, but then it has just been set at the initialisation. I would like to have a continous update of the offset at the display every 5 seconds or realtime. If I update the MCP Display whenever the MCP ALT Know is turned, the display doesn't work properly. I this it is too much offset read and display updates. Any ideas? Regards,pero

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

If I update the MCP Display whenever the MCP ALT Know is turned, the display doesn't work properly. I this it is too much offset read and display updates.
This is the only way that task should be done. What do you mean by "the display doesn't work properly"?If it hangs then you can insert additional ipc.sleep(50) after DspALT() to give it time to update.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

If it hangs then you can insert additional ipc.sleep(50) after DspALT() to give it time to update.
Thanks a lot. I try to insert ipc.sleep(50).

hi development,how can i write a string into die HDG or SPD Dispay? I already read the FAQ and found out, that it is possible to use strings with the functions DspSPDs(str) and DspHDGs(str).I use MCP Combo I. Will it be possible to use strings either with MCP Combo I?I would like to write "---" into HDG and SPD Display, if FCU is on managed mode.

hmmm...which FAQs have you read?Ours say:

DspSPDs(str), DspHDGs(str), DspALTs(str) , DspVVSs(str) - MCP2 only,
:(

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, missunderstanding. I meen, I read that it is compatible to MCP Combo 2 but not MCP Combo 1.Will it be availible in MCP Combo 1 too?

No, sorry, as the Combo has hardware related restrictions we can't change!

Guenter Steiner

Another day - another question:Sometimes my MCP display show a star symbol beside SPD or HDG (" * ") if I press a MCP button (all buttons are changed to specific actions).Is it possible to switch this star on and off. I am working on a new version of a Wilco Profile and would like to use it to display managed or selected mode. Otherwise I would like to work withount this star, because it doesn't look good at the display. I use MCP1.

no, as far as I know, not.These stars mean, that the approbiate autopilot is active.Unfortunatelly this couldn't be synchronised with FSX, it just toggles on or off and is hardware coded in the Combo...

Guenter Steiner