Sign in to follow this  
joostdewit

panelfreeze when pushing TOGA

Hi, Playing along with the NGX Im practicing touch and go's by hand (only autothrottle).Not really touch because the FMC loses all the input when the wheels touch the ground.Takeoff is working fine. Spool until 40% N1, then the toga switch and there she goes.But... (of course there is a but) Coming in over the threshold, when the NGX is aprox 50ft above the runway. I engage TOGA and then... "the infamous Panelfreeze".Tried it by clicking on the hidden spot, by assigning another key command, with joystick, without joystick, deleted FSUIPC, disabled REX weather. Nothing more I can think of right now. There is no other addon software then REX-FSUIPC-737NGX and 2 or 3 local sceneries installed. It's a fresh windows 7 and FSX install.The workaround for this is manual throttle so it's really not a very big issue for me. But maybe it helps in search for the cullprit. The windows log files only reports a application hang in FSX.exe.For PMDG. I can reproduce this over and over again. If i can help by debugging, no problem. The windows log files only reports a application hang in FSX.exe.

Hello Was this at a addon airport or defualt, and did you try with addon scenery and no addon scenery? Sorry its not much to go on as for helping.

Hi Luke, "Sorry its not much to go on as for helping. " is a very big understatement!! Did 6 circuits at EBBR (default FSX scenery) and guess what. No problems at all.What strikes me is that with the NL2000 EHGG scenery (freeware) and with the aersosoft EHAM (registred version) panelfreezes occur. 2 different airports, 2 different scenery developers.Next step is to load the REX weather engine. A very pleased dude!!

smile.png Hey glad your back to having fun! Very strange behavior you have had though - no crash untill hitting A/T.The 2 scenery's you mention are known to hog resources ( especially EHAM!) But i wonder, if you were to land rather than go-around ( So that you dont hit A/T...just land ) - would you still get a crash? Knowing that info,you can work out if its a A/T bug, or simply system overload ( due to very high scenery detail )P.s expect you already know, but use 1024 cloud textures and normal clouds in REX ( not HD ( cant say i see a difrence, non HD looks just as good to me, but take less resources, giving the NG more) Blue skies! wink.png

smile.png Hey glad your back to having fun! Very strange behavior you have had though - no crash untill hitting A/T.The 2 scenery's you mention are known to hog resources ( especially EHAM!) But i wonder, if you were to land rather than go-around ( So that you dont hit A/T...just land ) - would you still get a crash? Knowing that info,you can work out if its a A/T bug, or simply system overload ( due to very high scenery detail )P.s expect you already know, but use 1024 cloud textures and normal clouds in REX ( not HD ( cant say i see a difrence, non HD looks just as good to me, but take less resources, giving the NG more) Blue skies! wink.png
As we speak, still flying circuits at EBBR but with REX weather enabled. No problems at all. smile.pngThis aircraft is so much fun, After a few years leveld I guess it was time for something new and challengingIf I land there aren't any problems. Not on EHAM, or EHGG. Lack of resources is possible. With all sliders to the max i get a 20fps on EHAM. Next thing to do is lower some settings. (like AI aircraft)Did not know there is a minor difference in textures between HD and the 1024. Thanks for the tip.Once its stable I'm gonna try to install my EFB and the IVAO software. But reading all the threads here.....Praying.gif My guess is that there is a problem with simconnect. Unfortunately development seems to be discontnued the last 2 years. Anyway. Thank you very much, been a great help

Sorry to go on.. :) Sounds like your have a wail of a time AI traffic is killer ( peronal experience ).i only use 50% airliners, no GA.So is : Light bloomAircraft cast shadow on itself...and the ground ( 1/2 the time you wont see it anyway)WAter set to max..apparently theres a bug...i go with 1 above halfwayUnless in the Carribean, or a over water approach, i kill ALL boat trafic ( otherwise its just something else for the sim to run )Car traffic...Well i dont have any set, but thats a personal prefrence.Another one to fiddle with is autogen complexity...i get better results with higher settings, strangly. If your useing the internal fps limiter in FSX, put the slider to your average fps, fly, and see how smooth the sim runs, then try with unlimited fps.If your fps are jumpin to high and low numbers when set at unlimited, lock it to the average fps to help stop stutter 'n' jerking. Sorry i dont use IVAO software, so i cant comment ( could try vatsim)

Anyway. Thank you very much, been a great help
No problem smile.png

Sorry to go on.. :) Sounds like your have a wail of a time AI traffic is killer ( peronal experience ).i only use 50% airliners, no GA.So is : Light bloomAircraft cast shadow on itself...and the ground ( 1/2 the time you wont see it anyway)WAter set to max..apparently theres a bug...i go with 1 above halfwayUnless in the Carribean, or a over water approach, i kill ALL boat trafic ( otherwise its just something else for the sim to run )Car traffic...Well i dont have any set, but thats a personal prefrence.Another one to fiddle with is autogen complexity...i get better results with higher settings, strangly. If your useing the internal fps limiter in FSX, put the slider to your average fps, fly, and see how smooth the sim runs, then try with unlimited fps.If your fps are jumpin to high and low numbers when set at unlimited, lock it to the average fps to help stop stutter 'n' jerking. Sorry i dont use IVAO software, so i cant comment ( could try vatsim) No problem smile.png
Tips are always welcome!. Did use all mentioned above and got a better performance.Thank you for that. As for vatsim, Used to fly on vatsim a few years ago but switched because ATC coverage is very poor overhere. But it is a very professional group!Is Squawk box stable with the FSX-NGX combo ?

I dont use it sorry, so wouldnt know. As i've never used it im only guessing, but its only a small app, so i dont think it would be too much of a concern.