Sign in to follow this  
Jettix

NGX, ENBmod and FSPassengersX nothing impossible

Like many others, I have experienced problems when NGX, ENBmod and FSPassengersX. It was not possible for me to refuse of any of them. But I have had d3d9.dll-caused CDT almost every flight. (must note, I have had no problem when useing any two of these three add-ons, but noway three together).The root of the problem has been found in full screen mode. Windowed mode is completely devoid of these problems. But frames of window look so annoying.Here, a small utility that allows you to remove the frames of window (incl titlebar) and stretch the window to full screen. No installation required. Download and unpack in any directory.Start sim and flight. Switch sim to windowed mode. Launch the tool. Select Simulator window in explorer tree view, then switch to 'Style' tab and check off WS_DLGFRAME, switch to 'Size&Position' tab, select 'Maximized' and then push 'Modify' button. "auto-hide the taskbar" must be checked in taskbar properties.Here it is. Now you get sim window fitted to fullscreen but you can see 'fullscreen mode' unchecked in sim menu.There will be no problrme with alt-tab, changing view, access to menu and desktop. No more flashing when new in-sim window appears, and CDT when FSPaX flight reports.Hope it will help to all who likes Hi-End NGX Bird, HDR ENB light and passengersX. Plz write your feedbackSorry for poor English PS Note Sim`s window tittle - its a facepalm.

Nice discovery, but you're forgetting one important downside of the windowed mode: VSync doesn't work with it, so there will be some tearing.

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Nice discovery, but you're forgetting one important downside of the windowed mode: VSync doesn't work with it, so there will be some tearing.
I`ve read this is due to the Windows Aero forced turns off when Sim launches. So, to make VSync work again you need turn on Aero by applying the following batch after Sim has been started:
net stop uxsmsnet start uxsmsexit

I dont think there will be large workload for modern VGA.Fsx.cfg should contain the lines ForceWindowedVSync=1ForceFullScreenVSync=1 and driver should be set as 'Controled by application' for Vsync.To tell truth I didn`t try this, only read before. But they say, it works perfectly.

Like many others, I have experienced problems when NGX, ENBmod and FSPassengersX. It was not possible for me to refuse of any of them. But I have had d3d9.dll-caused CDT almost every flight. (must note, I have had no problem when useing any two of these three add-ons, but noway three together).The root of the problem has been found in full screen mode. Windowed mode is completely devoid of these problems. But frames of window look so annoying.Here, a small utility that allows you to remove the frames of window (incl titlebar) and stretch the window to full screen. No installation required. Download and unpack in any directory.Start sim and flight. Switch sim to windowed mode. Launch the tool. Select Simulator window in explorer tree view, then switch to 'Style' tab and check off WS_DLGFRAME, switch to 'Size&Position' tab, select 'Maximized' and then push 'Modify' button. "auto-hide the taskbar" must be checked in taskbar properties.Here it is. Now you get sim window fitted to fullscreen but you can see 'fullscreen mode' unchecked in sim menu.There will be no problrme with alt-tab, changing view, access to menu and desktop. No more flashing when new in-sim window appears, and CDT when FSPaX flight reports.Hope it will help to all who likes Hi-End NGX Bird, HDR ENB light and passengersX. Plz write your feedbackSorry for poor English PS Note Sim`s window tittle - its a facepalm.
The tool is not applicable for win 7 right?
I`ve read this is due to the Windows Aero forced turns off when Sim launches. So, to make VSync work again you need turn on Aero by applying the following batch after Sim has been started:
net stop uxsmsnet start uxsmsexit

I dont think there will be large workload for modern VGA.Fsx.cfg should contain the lines ForceWindowedVSync=1ForceFullScreenVSync=1 and driver should be set as 'Controled by application' for Vsync.To tell truth I didn`t try this, only read before. But they say, it works perfectly.

But this one works perfectly. Thanks!

The tool is not applicable for win 7 right?
No, wrong. I use it under Win7 x64 without problem. Try to start it as admin

Im currently using this without any tweaks to Vsync and so far no noticeable issues. In fact it seems as though im getting a increase in performance Gideon Ward

IIRC antialiasing doesn't work in windowed. Or am I incorrect? I's much rather go without ENB than AA. sad.png
Being set as described in Tab`s instructions AA fully works. Otherwise it would not be worth the efforts To All I use it last few days and have not found any flaws. As result of applying this tool you gain complete emulation of fullscreen mode without any problem specific to 'native' sim`s fullscreen mode. If you found out any negative feature please post here.

Vsync does work in windowed mode with the cfg entry for it, but the problem is that it's double buffered due to the fact that you're also viewing the OS and other apps at the same time. This can result in your framerate getting instantly cut in half or worse if it drops below 60, 30, 15 etc. Full screen uses a form of triple buffering that doesn't have this limitation.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

People really use fullscreen?? Well if you have multiple computers in a network then I guess it´s possible....but I have found windowed mode to be the best in terms of usability and performance.

People really use fullscreen?? Well if you have multiple computers in a network then I guess it´s possible....but I have found windowed mode to be the best in terms of usability and performance.
Have used Full Screen since FSX was relaeased, Have a network set up, so it is more than possiable. Have had no problem with performance, usability. In fact, I have crud performance in window mode, so it comes down to what is in the box I suppose.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.