Sign in to follow this  
drewsaw2

ENB bloom?

I keep hearing of people using this mod, and then customizing the values. Where can I find this download and the posts?

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

See this post from a few days ago. There are multiple sources sited from which you can obtain it as well as some settings to try in those links. You should have a look at the "Shade" thread as well since it can be used with or without ENB.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/346500-enb-series-mod/page__hl__enb__fromsearch__1Also if you google ENB developer, you will find the webpage of the fellow who developed it and he has detailed descriptions of what all the settins do.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks, I will take a look. I did find a few on google but I wasn't sure if they were all the same mod or not

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

Thanks, I will take a look. I did find a few on google but I wasn't sure if they were all the same mod or not
The ones in the links in that thread are all current. The current one to use is version .0075. You can use most assorted ENB palettes that you find on the net as long as they are not 32 bit and are .bmp format.

The ones in the links in that thread are all current. The current one to use is version .0075. You can use most assorted ENB palettes that you find on the net as long as they are not 32 bit and are .bmp format.
I can't remember which link I downloaded it from but its called EMBserie_for_MSFS. I don't know if thats the most current. Works well with the adjustments made in the .ini

I like the effects ENB produces but it seems to make FSX unstable (freezing the sim when accessing menus etc).Am I alone, or should I be avoiding certain addons/settings which are known to be incompatible with its DLL?

I like the effects ENB produces but it seems to make FSX unstable (freezing the sim when accessing menus etc).Am I alone, or should I be avoiding certain addons/settings which are known to be incompatible with its DLL?
There is an alternate to ENB it's called FXAA search in the forum.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Just get the ENB from NickN, ORBX, or REX, that is listed in the link I gave you in the first post. No need to search around anymore looking for the correct version. Plus theirs have some .ini settings you can try.

There is an alternate to ENB it's called FXAA search in the forum.
I have tried this but I'm not keen on its implementation of anti-aliasing, and I couldn't see any bloom difference at all.I'm quite happy to persevere with ENB provided I can get it working in a stable manner.So does anyone else get crashes with this, and if so what did you do to stop them?Thanks

I have tried this but I'm not keen on its implementation of anti-aliasing, and I couldn't see any bloom difference at all.I'm quite happy to persevere with ENB provided I can get it working in a stable manner.So does anyone else get crashes with this, and if so what did you do to stop them? Thanks
In the FXAA ini file change the bloom to 9 and you shall see it. Also go according to what cmpbellsjc said , the ENB series bloom works well.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus