Hi folks, I have read many topic here. I also asked people I know.Many say this many say that.... Is it necessery to have a IPS monitor when it comes to gaming.LCD monitors are a big pain regarding flying at night. Is IPS monitor helping it out a bit? I am looking for two or three monitors. Dell UltraSharp 2711Viewsonic VX2739WM The resolution is higher with Dell which of course is good? So... main question is if IPS monitors are better for gaming than other panel-types?

The Viewsonic VX2739WM is not an IPS display, it is TN. IPS displays have a much better viewing angle and wil display colors much better. All of this is subjective though. Some people are willing to pay the extra money and most people are not. You get what you pay for. Is an IPS required for FSX, no it is not. Will an IPS give you a better picture, yes it will. A good IPS display is the HP ZR24W. I have the Viewsonic VP2655wb. Both are good, the HP costs less. One thing about an IPS display is that if you are going to spend this much money then to get all you can out of it you need to get it properly calibrated. The only way to do that is with calibration software and a hardware puck, this will set you back another $100 - $300 dollars depending on what calibration package you go for.

Thank you Sir!I just stumbled across this one....From Samsung ... S27A750D I dont know how the 3D isworking but that monitor seems to be OKAY in 2D as well.

That Samsung is also a TN panel. There is nothing wrong with a good TN panel, IPS panels are just better. I have not kept up with LED panel reviews so I do not know how much better an LED TN panel is over a LCD TN panel or how much better (if any) an IPS LCD is over a TN LED. I do know one thing, 3D is not for me, I will not wear 3D glasses to do anything PC related. www.hardforum.com has the display forum with the most traffic that I have seen. You might want to join and post over there to get a larger response to your questions.