Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyjuwing

CH Quadrant

Hi there again, I was wondering if there are people flying the NGX using the CH throttle quadrant?If so, are you able to use the reverser part of the axis.I tried many things with FSUIPC and the closest I come is when I deploy the reverser's on landing they only deploy a few % N1.The curious thing is that when I put the throttles back to Idle and back to reverse they do deploy correctly, but thats giving my a few 100ft of ground roll extra.Are there NGX pilots out there with normal working reverser's on first deployment with the CH qd ?

I got it to work but have encountered A/T disengaging itself for no reason so I gave up on it, check out my method now works pretty nice but still have to be carefull what I do with the quadrant throttle it does not like to be left in cetain positions for some reason, I usually leave it pretty much forward until well into flight then I back it down to almost idle and the A/T does not shut off on me. check out my setup about 1/2 way down pic posted http://forum.avsim.net/topic/342767-toga-not-working/page__st__25

Rich Sennett

Its working fine for me, took some time to set it up, but its doing the work perfectly. I use a relatively longer idle section , reverser starts a bit below the levers idle point, and I also set up a zone at the bottom, where the levers triggle the Decrease Throttle rpeatedly. It deploys and goes off fast enough. When you calibrate the axis, the reversers option has to be turned on, and at the setting phase you have to press and set 4 points. 1st is the the max throttle, 2nd is the beginning of idle zone, 3 rd is beginning of reverser zone, 4 th is max reverse. i always leave a few mms deadzone at both ends of the levers, so max throttle is not affected by spikes generated.Hope it helps you.

Zsolt what menu number in fsiupc are you making these settings as there is a few of them ? thank you.

Rich Sennett

This is where you calibrate your zones, 13056 is my max, the raw top value is somewhere at 16000, but beacuse of the direct input and spikes, i use a deadzone at the top. -9362 is the beginning of the idle zone (its somewhere a few mms above the point, where the lever sticks to it's own idle position. Pulling a bit more down I start the reverser at -14433, and it only goes to -15733 as max reverse, leaving a deadzone at the bottom too. On the axis assignment window set up a range of action (right side from -16384 to -15993), and its going to pull your reversers to max, no matter of the spikes, which might cause the slower deployment. If advance on the throttle, reversers go off fast. You have the do this with both throttles. With these settings it works fine with the NGX, and the 747X as well. All you do at touch down is pulling them to the bottom, at 60 knts push back to a min. thrust.

This seems to be working nicely only if I leave the throtle at full power if not the A/T will shut down during flight, I can still nnot figure out why it keeps doing this, any thoughts ? thank you.

Rich Sennett

FSUIPC, I believe, is sending a direct throttle setting to FSX instead of an "axis." This direct setting is interferring with NGX and no matter what throttle override setting you select in PMDG Setup, you'll override and trip the A/T with an FSUIPC configured throttle. I think this is exactly why PMDG recommends NOT using FSUIPC for hardware calibration and suggest you use the software that came with your yoke / throttle / rudder instead. Since I have the Saitek Pro Flight hardware, I have no chioce but to use FSUIPC. With Saitek's software running the show, my NGX's A/T works perfect but the constant phantom button presses and view changes, notorious with Saitek's programming software, drives me crazy. I'd rather have a touchy A/T. YMMV. Regards, Nathan Harwood

Ah thanks for the help I can live with it just have to baby sit it, take care. im Not Worthy.gif

Rich Sennett

Guys, just a warnig, Using FSUIPC to calibrate will most propably cause problems, like throttle levers moving out of sync, and A/T disconnection. If you are using CH you can use CH manager from Windows and erase all FSUIPC calibration. For the quadrant, you can easily assign F2 as key press in FSUPIC at the idle detent of the CH.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=32374
This is very interesting. I'm going to test these settings out.I noticed that the FSUIPC overforce the AT in the NGX so I always leave my throttles in the Idle position before engaging AT and speed hold.I don't like the CH manager, it gave me conflicts in the past but for the NGX I'm willing to try it again Loser.gif

i have it working fine but I notice that when I move the throttles from idle to a higher setting there is a large dead spot before i get a N1 increase, not realistic and not able to remove so went back to FSX calibration and use a up down button combination for reverse thrust on the CH quadrant, tried everything could not be bothered trying to fix

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

+1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K