Sign in to follow this  
Chris Catalano

Help! Windows 7 issue - switching menus, screen goes black on return

Guest firehawk44
hey firehawk, what bufferpool settings do you suggest for a gtx460 1gb? Thanks Again,Irish
According to Nick N. (the expert)(I'm not) the value can be anywhere between 100000000 (100 MB) to 400000000 (400 MB). He says it's a "trial and error" setting. Most find 200000000 (200 MB) works very well. I'm using 49000000 (490 MB) and so far so good. I just added Bufferpools into my fsx.cfg to see what it would do, if anything. If FSX starts to have problems with stuttering or crashes, I will remove bufferpools immediately. You might want to check out his site for more info - http://www.simforums.com/Forums/topic29041.html . For instance, BufferPool settings put in your FSX.cfg can cause sound distortions and stuttering and other anomalies, especially if it's too high. I think you have to be careful with any "tweak" added to a default fsx.cfg. Best regards,Jim

Thank you firehawk for responding so quickly and for helping me out. I will try your suggestions and check that other forum post and report back. Thanks again,Irish

Posted a similar message on this forum, see the photo's Been during more tests as I thought it was AES related at KJFK, now have the same trouble when AES is off. Everything is fine when I am at the airport then the issues seem to happens when I go from DAY to NIGHT to COCKPIT view from SPOT then to day. No terminal building but I do have WAOI aircraft and other objects like ground vehicles showin Using ESC to end flight, when I manage to get back to the Airport the menu bar is gone. According to Dreamteam maybe it may manifest because the New York area is very dense even without the Airport. I do not get CTD's. which still makes me think somewhere is a scenery conflict of some sort. Going to go to other airports which I have not tested, tested airports have not shown these issues up to know.

Guest firehawk44
Posted a similar message on this forum, see the photo's Been during more tests as I thought it was AES related at KJFK, now have the same trouble when AES is off. Everything is fine when I am at the airport then the issues seem to happens when I go from DAY to NIGHT to COCKPIT view from SPOT then to day. No terminal building but I do have WAOI aircraft and other objects like ground vehicles showin Using ESC to end flight, when I manage to get back to the Airport the menu bar is gone. According to Dreamteam maybe it may manifest because the New York area is very dense even without the Airport. I do not get CTD's. which still makes me think somewhere is a scenery conflict of some sort. Going to go to other airports which I have not tested, tested airports have not shown these issues up to know.
All your photos indicate KJFK is not activated. Buildings are gone when in trial mode. You need to go into the Addon Manager and activate it again (you will probably have to download and install the latest and greatest Addon Manager to get the product activated). I would completely uninstall KJFK (check to make sure it's not activated in the Addon Manager. If it is, there's a procedure in the Addon Manager to request the product be deactivated). Then reinstall. The reinstall will go on the Internet and download the latest version of the Addon Manager. Best regards,Jim

I'm facing the same problem unfortunately :/ . Actually there are two solutions for me now, 1- Enable DX9 but stay in windowed mode for FSX which decreases fps  2- Disable DX9 and switch to DX10  . Now I may say something that may seem interesting for you, this problem started to occur after installing IVAO MTL library, i don't know if each of you did that or not, but this may be the reason, i think IVAO_MTL messes up some dlls , so if this is the reason, we will have to reinstall FSX to fix it up .