Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Rockin new program

OP has the link in his first post.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

11abvh2.png*Unedited ORBX, REX, ENB, Shade
Great shot. Do you have flashing issues at the cloud ground intersections? If not, do you anyone esle know what to do to avoid flashing? Any time I fly in mountains w/ clouds it is so distracting that I can not stand it. Joe

Joe Lorenc

Now a couple of the finest aircraft on the planet im%20Not%20Worthy.gif Shade injected 916Disney_1.jpg227Disney_2.jpg

Rich Sennett

I bought it and tried it. It is nice and you can certainly create some nice lighting schemes with it. I was a bit disappointed though, as I thought it would also add better definition (terrain shadows) to the midday (noon) situations. The FSX terrain looses a lot of detail during the day with the flat shading.

Wow:decided to buy this program despite my painful lack of money (yes flightsimming is an expensive hobby) and it is definately worth the money.Just took off from KPAE, with Orbx scenery, realistic weather, in the sunset and wooow.I was in this thick copse of clouds and when I climbed out of it; there was this magnificent wash of light on my screen of beautiful vlues and oranges...I am staggered

yeah, this is definitely worth the money. It really adds some nice color schemes to FSX. Mind you, I also have ENB in my setup so it REALLY looks good.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Guys a couple questions, This product, is it only going to work in Mountaious Areas at dawn or dusk, I dont really fly many mountianous areas, and I dont really fly at dawn or dusk. Second issues, does it effect perfromance in any way? Thanks much.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Guys a couple questions, This product, is it only going to work in Mountaious Areas at dawn or dusk, I dont really fly many mountianous areas, and I dont really fly at dawn or dusk. Second issues, does it effect perfromance in any way? Thanks much.
Not sure about if it only effects Mountainous area but there is NO performance impact at all. At least, on my system there isn't any.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

hmmm I thinking of buying it, but not just for shadowns at dawn/dusk, does it offer anything else. I find the ENB mod takes a bat to my performance so I dont use it

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

This is a great program in regards to atmosphere, mountains or not the time of day is enhanced nicely, day - dawn - dusk - night - along with REX, no fps hit at all, I do not use enb like I use to anymore this is a nice substitute, well worth the money you just have to remember to inject it before every start of fsx otherwise you will find yourself starting over thats for for sure.

Rich Sennett

Ok so I think i'l buy it, do you think it adds a lot to the sim, is it worth it?

Ron Hamilton

i won fly with out it now, hence if you forget to inject it first you will re-start fsx :)

Rich Sennett

FYI Guys this was posted by the creator of shade from another forum, sounds cool im%20Not%20Worthy.gif I'm Sorry about the delay in getting around to these boards,but i do work full time(not as a dev)and have been trying to check-in on a number of shade threads over the last few days in my freetime as ive seen on a few forums some ppl are finding the presets to be a little dark while others find them bang on or close enough that a little tweaking sorts them out,ive since found out that a few or these presets where made in DX10 mode by my testers,i myself found that things were a little brighter over all in dx10 than in dx9 so this might explain what ppl are seeing,i'll try and re-tweak a few of them for 1.01 but as everyone's FSX setup/hardware is totally different i have no idea if what looks good tome will look good to you! 1.01 should be out by the weekend and will add a Burn-in mode so ppl can set and forget the custom values and not have to use shade.exe to start FSX,loaded preset labels now stick for each day after a GUI reload (a small bug in 1.0)and there will be a host of new presets to play with,btw if you have any you would like me to inc please send them to me at the support mail addy in the manual and i'll be sure to add them and my thanks for your efforts Any support questions plz just email me and i'll try to help out as best i can & again many thanks for your support smile.png All the bestSteve Aka Gizmo

Rich Sennett

All I have to say is wow... Opened in the morning, almost pitch dark in the shadows, the sun rise and effects on the clouds is pretty good, have rex2 too. Definitely worth the price!Just one thing, it seems to have disappeared my landing and taxi lights?