Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Rockin new program

I tried this and didn't get very good results. First I blamed Shade but after reverting to REX2 textures I still have a night sky with greenish stripes across. I've uploaded a couple of screenshots but don't know how clearly they'll show the problem. I have a Geforce GTX550Ti, 1GB and am using driver 280.26. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution? Iain Smith

driver 280.26 is Crap - Use a good driver cleaner and load 270.61, it seems the newer the nvidia drivers are the worse they are for FSX, they have forgotten the flightsim community it seems.

Rich Sennett

driver 280.26 is Crap - Use a good driver cleaner and load 270.61, it seems the newer the nvidia drivers are the worse they are for FSX, they have forgotten the flightsim community it seems.
Thanks Rich, I'll do that. Iain Smith

Very nice program indeed. Just installed and used one of the presets (Just peachy) and the results are quite nice....the VC seems to be a little too dark, but I think that can be adjusted.A couple of shots from opposite sides immediately after take off from Nice (about 08:30 a.m.)....no performance loss at all.If anyone using this program finds good presets please let everybody know...!Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Iain good luck any problems just ask we will figure it out its not shade that for sure, Jackson sweet shots you have there. Lain by any chance are you using active sky evolution, I had the sanme problem what I did was go into fsx menu - advanced and grabed the line that drags down the cloud layer and problem solved probablly not the best fix, but for the most part I use the Orbx weather presets they are so nice, anyway let me know.

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich,Is the orbx weather presets in REX ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Iain good luck any problems just ask we will figure it out its not shade that for sure, Jackson sweet shots you have there. Lain by any chance are you using active sky evolution, I had the sanme problem what I did was go into fsx menu - advanced and grabed the line that drags down the cloud layer and problem solved probablly not the best fix, but for the most part I use the Orbx weather presets they are so nice, anyway let me know.
Hi Rich, the change of driver has done the trick, so thanks. Yes I do use ASE so if I get any more similar problems I'll do what you suggest. Iain Smith

Ok, thanks, will take a look.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Do i have to turn on fsx shadows to use, if so i cannot buy it, i get terrible performance with shadows

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Shadows ? you don't turn on shadows to use this program, its automatic, shadows are only for self shadowing on aircraft, I don't have that on myself, you will be fine no fps impact at all.

Rich Sennett

Are you sure about that? I ask because I see everywhere recommendations that should check nvidia drivers for new version and to make upgrades whenever a new version is available. Correct me if I wrong but most of developers recommended that. I have latest GeForce 285.27 Beta Driver and I want to know if this is ok or I need switch to 270.61

Are you sure about that? I ask because I see everywhere recommendations that should check nvidia drivers for new version and to make upgrades whenever a new version is available. Correct me if I wrong but most of developers recommended that. I have latest GeForce 285.27 Beta Driver and I want to know if this is ok or I need switch to 270.61
All I can tell you is I took Rich's advice and switched to 270.61 and my graphics problem went away. The latest driver is not always the best, unless you play other games, in which case you may need to upgrade to be able to play the latest. I only use Flight Sim, both X and 2004 and so I have no need to keep changing drivers. I find one that works and stick with it. After all, FSX and FS2004 are not changing! happy.png Iain Smith

Thanks Iain, i will try this for sure, I don't play games, only FSX

All I can tell you is I took Rich's advice and switched to 270.61 and my graphics problem went away. The latest driver is not always the best, unless you play other games, in which case you may need to upgrade to be able to play the latest. I only use Flight Sim, both X and 2004 and so I have no need to keep changing drivers. I find one that works and stick with it. After all, FSX and FS2004 are not changing! happy.png Iain Smith
Hi,I am experiencing similar graphics problems. Where can one still download the 270.61 drivers?Thankspilatus