Sign in to follow this  
BK2

Cannot hear GPWS callouts nor Click sound

Well, the problem is in the title. All callouts are ON in the PMDG setup but I hear none, what so ever. Also no click sounds of the panel. The device is "REALTEK HD AUDIO Manager". I can hear the engine sounds, allright (Magnificent...) in either the speakers or headphones (using headphones for TrackIR...). Any help, hint, will be appreciated. Thanks Benny K

It sounds like you haven't assigned the "REALTEK HD AUDIO Manager" to play the PMDG custom sounds. Go to the FMC Options / Sound and select your soundcard from the list.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Same situation. I've pressed "Q" twice and more times getting nothing. I have no sound at all inside ngx -800 environment. Went to FMC->PMDG SETUP->OPTIONS->SOUND and where it supose my Realtek Audio device had to be, I read "NONE". However I hear the engines, even at startup. Help captains Straight%20Face.gif

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

Engines are I suppose a FSX standard sound, while EGPWS and more are PMDG custom sounds. Are you unable to select Realtek in sound page in FMC?

Engines are I suppose a FSX standard sound, while EGPWS and more are PMDG custom sounds. Are you unable to select Realtek in sound page in FMC?
Yes. Completely unable. Nothing appears under "SOUND" page in FMC... Here is my current "737NGX_Options" config file:[iRS.0]LastPosValid=0[iRS.1]LastPosValid=0[iRS]IRS_QuickAlign=0IRS_UseLastPos=1[Pushback]PushbackUnitsFeet=0PushbackCommsType=1[AFS]ThrottleATOverride=0AutotuneOBSinLOC=1AP_EngageRealistic=1[userOptions]FOCallouts=1PauseAtTOD=0SyncAltimeters=1SyncStbyAltimeters=1ShowThrustLeverPosition=0ShowPilots=1ServiceBasedFailures=0TABforCDUinput=1FOCalloutV1=1FOCalloutVR=1FOCalloutV2=1[PerformanceOptions]FPSlimit_PFD_EFIS_2D=15FPSlimit_PFD_EFIS_VC=15FPSlimit_ND_MAP_2D=15FPSlimit_ND_MAP_VC=15FPSlimit_Engine_2D=15FPSlimit_Engine_VC=15FPSlimit_HUD_2D=15FPSlimit_HUD_VC=15disableSide=2[Aircraft Config]FixedConfig=[Panel State]StartupPanelState=NGX CLDDRK[FMC]LastPosLatLon=N2547.8W08016.9[sound]PlaySoundsInExtView=1SoundDevice=noneSoundMasterVolume=0.50SoundGroupValue.0=1.00SoundGroupValue.1=1.00SoundGroupValue.2=1.00SoundGroupValue.3=1.00SoundGroupValue.4=1.00SoundGroupValue.5=1.00

Ivan Lewis

Thanks a lot, Armen. Will let you know how it went. Surely will fix it.Ivan

Ivan Lewis

YES!!!! It works perfectly, Armen. Now I can hear every "click", "doob", "chack" or whatever cockpit sound. Thanks for your very useful help, captain :Applause:And for those who can't find help with this issue, following are the instructions to fix it. Is already posted in other thread but anyway, here you are:1) Uninstall the NGX.2) Manually delete this folder:...Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XPMDGPMDG 737 NGX3) Reinstall your soundcard driver.4) Reinstall Direct X.5) Reinstall the NGX.And the last and most important: ENJOY!!

Ivan Lewis

I have the same problem but only with ATC. I have downloaded the DirectX file but it asks where to extract to. I have know idea where to put them. Any help would be appreciated.Rick

I have the same problem but only with ATC. I have downloaded the DirectX file but it asks where to extract to. I have know idea where to put them. Any help would be appreciated.Rick
As I know, DirectX is a setup.exe, which mean it only ask you for confirmation. You only need to click "OK" or "Continue". The installer will download the needed files and then will install the software. You don't need to put anything in anywhere. If you've downloaded a .zip or .rar file and during unzip process, you're requested to where extract to, just drop them at your choice and double click in the exctracted file, which should be "dxwebsetup". You can download it from here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E4ND688K

Ivan Lewis