Sign in to follow this  
THRUSTER57

HIGHMEMFIX=1", ? please help.

Hello, i keep entering the three instuctions ie Highmemfix=1 ect, ect , into my FSX.cfg that is in the hidden files section i click file and save it all goes well but after a few days it reverts back to what it was before? i have admin rights and have changed things in other aircraft and they stay there? can you please helpmany thanksjames

make sure u are editing "fsx.cfg" and not "fsx.cfg.txt"its helps to turn off "hide extensions for known files" in the control panel folder options.also make sure u are not modifying the file while fsx is running.

HELLO, in the FSX file that is in the hidden place that people said is the one you have to alter there is fsx and a fsxCFG both the same but when highlighted one it is file and one is read me file i have been putting the changes in the read me one? so i have been doing it wrong silly billy i will try the other one please confirm thanks UVWjames

they are not the same.go to control panel -> folder options -> view -> and un-check "hide extensions for known file types"that way u will see the correct extension of the files.the .txt file is just a temp file fsx creates while running in order to read/write from. ps. some options like "TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096" gets reset to default values if u go into the fsx options and change anything.so u might want to keep a look out for changed values b4 u start fsx.