Sign in to follow this  
EdwardSm

Rosewill 1000W PSU

This is a PSU I ran across today in a NewEgg special. I like the way they handle the cables in that you can put in as many as you want instead of having them all bundled together and having to tie the extras off neatly. Or sometimes not so neatly. The thing is I only know of Rosewill from fans. So, any feedback on this unit? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182239 As a last note it also comes in an 800W version. Thanks in advance,Ed

Edward Smoker Sr.

well, if you don't care about blowing $50 or more just to be able to have neat cables, it's fine. Personally, I'd tie my own cables and buy a nice bottle of Single Malt Scotch. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=corsair+850w&x=0&y=0 these are my choices. Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I'm not sure I follow what you mean. Those are all 850W Corsair's. The closest 850W Corsair to the Rosewill 800W is $20 more. The Rosewill costing $150 and the Coarsair costing $170. As far a 1000W Corsair NewEgg only offers one which is 1050W for $220. I'm not saying it has to be a 1000W power supply because they do offer an 800W; however, the 800W is $150 and for $30 more the 1000W can be had for $180. However, with the 800W you do lose 2 SATA connectors. That doesn't seem like much to give up for paying $30 less.

Edward Smoker Sr.

Unless you have 3 high end cards in SLI you don't need 1000W. Corsair TX V2 are better quality (made by Seasonic) and also cheaper.

Okay, I understand. I have a GTX580 which is in for a screwed up mini-DVI connector. Under warranty thankfully. Currently I'm using a (forgot name) 750W with crap for connectors. Bought it a year or so ago for the old computer and it was fine at that time. Now it's a real pain because the lack of connections and length of cables. I know I could buy items to extend or change connection types but would rather plan for the future. Since I have the graphics card out for repairs I would like to update the PSU now. I do not plan to buy a second graphics card at this time or in the near future; however, since my motherboard supports SLI if I ever do get a second card I do not want to find myself buying a new PSU too. So you think 800W or 850W is all I might need?

Edward Smoker Sr.

Sure. You could SLI two GTX580's with a quality 750W unit, but a little more headroom won't hurt, so maybe I'd pick a TX850 just in case future cards draw more power

Yeah it does look pretty cool but with my PSU mounted at the bottom fan down I won't see much but a glow if I get it. Otherwise that would sway me some. I just really like how the cables are handled.

Edward Smoker Sr.