Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Landing in Brussels EBBR

Landing in EBBR I guess the default FS9 file is interfering with my 3rd. party airport (see screenshot in FSNavigator): the a/c wants to land off to the left of my runway (25L, 110.35) on ILS approach, so I have to disengage Ap and land manually - I don't know what 'IBL' is - I never saw that before. At the airport I am also met by oncoming a/c as I taxi to the gate - another screenshot. I guess that is just a limitation of FS9 ATC? (And is that the Taj Mahal in the distance????!). Any ideas how to disable the default EBBR navaids, in case that is what is causing the problem? (Airport Design Editor 9x maybe?). ScanAFD shows no other AFCADs. Or is there some other cause? Martin

About the default ATC, yes sometimes they can make AI act very weird. I've had numerous heading collision with AI on the ground. Most of them are when the AI taxiing into a gate.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

IBL is the identifier for the ILS. it will appear on your PFD to let you know you are definitely locked onto the correct signal, you can also identify it by listening to it's morse code signal through your radio management panel.Regards

Rob Prest

First of all, which EBBR are you using ? Mine is a very old one, probably still a rather primitive FS98 version and judging from your screenshot your buildings look quite different. Your FSNav screenshot clearly shows a double ILS for runway 25, which is incorrect and could cause ATC trouble. My frequency is: 110.30 IBL which is the default ILS/DME for runway 25L. Runway 07 has no ILS. You should remove (delete) any Runway 25 Afcad ILS from your AF2_EBBR.bgl file. Then slew any aircraft to the beginning and exactly in the middle of EBBR's visable runway 07 to see if your Afcad runway is aligned correctly with your aircraft's position. If not, you should move the Afcad runway and all it's center lines until it does align with the visible runway. Then slew to the very end of runway 07 (or to the beginning of runway 25) and observe if the whole Afcad runway remains exactly on top of the visible runway. If it isn't then It becomes necessary to adjust the 07 heading until the whole invisible Afcad runway 07/25 does exactly cover your visible runway along it's whole length. I would also suggest doing the same for all EBBR runways. After you have finished re-run your FSNav data base creation program and the double ILS should have disappeared while ATC should now vector you to runway 25 for a correct landing on the visible runway. Good luck.Hans

And Oh yes, it will always remain possible that you meet taxiing AI aircraft on the same taxiway as the one onwhich you are taxiing, especially on the larger more complicated airports. Nose to nose deadlocks are also possible between departing and arrived AI aircrafts.There's no real fix for this problem but it can be greatly diminished by "messing about" with Afcad taxiways etc, but this requires quite some Afcad knowledge and experience. However, the basics are that taxiing AI aircraft will always take the shortest possible route to their destination, wherever that may be on the airport. When this is clearly understood you could possibly use this rule to alter taxiways or make strategic interruptions in them accordingly. Sometimes a solution could also be that you close one or more runways for takeoffs, e.g. at EBBR, so that your own departing aircraft will be routed via other taxiways to the remaining take off runway.Experimentation is the only way to go. Again, good luck.Hans

I think this is Dreamfactory's EBBR. I've had it for some years, but don't often fly there, so this problem may have been there for years, since I got it, without my knowing. Yes, I reckon I am pretty 'AFCAD savvy' and could certainly tinker with taxiways to fix this - I must check out pictures of the real-world EBBR: don't want to depart too far from what is really there, but having separate taxiways may not be a bad idea in any case. Not sure there is any way to make a particular taxiway a 'one-way street ' though. In most airports with multiple taxiways, FS9 does a pretty good job of avoiding head-on traffic like this. As for the runways, the EBBR AFCAD has the following runways: 7L/25R; 7R/25L; 2/20. There's no reason for the duplicate - which seems to be from the default AP949130.bgl file (exactly the same runways). I will have to see if I can delete the navaid data in that file using ADE9x or whatever. I've spent many a happy (?) hour in the past at other airports slewing across runways to find out if the localizer signal is correct at the centre line - here we go again I guess! Will try when I get a moment and report back. Thanks for the replies. Martin Later: The EBBR AFCAD has Nav radio for Rwy 25L at 110.35: AP949130.bgl at 110.30 - so there shouldn't be any interaction when I have the Nav radio set to 110.35 ...

I've spent many a happy (?) hour in the past at other airports slewing across runways to find out if the localizer signal is correct at the centre line - here we go again I guess!
I think you will find all of the editors available for A&F files allow you to view the ILS beam and align it with the runway exactly, without even starting Flight Simulator. All you need to do is check the bearing figure matches the runway and position the wide end of the beam as drawn on the runway centre-line. John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Just slewed the default FS9 B737 to c.10 miles from the runway, set Nav etc., adjusted height so that I am on the right glideslope path, and then let it run. It lands on the centre line. How odd!! I was in a PSS A319 before - have to try the flight again, though I don't see how the choice of a/c would affect anything. Martin

Just slewed the default FS9 B737 to c.10 miles from the runway, set Nav etc., adjusted height so that I am on the right glideslope path, and then let it run. It lands on the centre line. How odd!! I was in a PSS A319 before - have to try the flight again, though I don't see how the choice of a/c would affect anything.
As has already been pointed out to you, your FS Navigator map shows two beams. You were probably on the other one. John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Thanks, but I don't think anyone actually needed to point out that there are two beams (kind as that was) - I can see that as clear as daylight from the FSNavigator window. But in any case why would I have been on the other one? My Nav radios weren't tuned to that (different) frequency - they were on 110.35, the correct frequency for 25L (the FSNav screenshot was taken later BTW). The default frequency is 110.30. M.