Sign in to follow this  
Akila

737NGX Sound Questions/problem (maybe)

follow this link guys, I will post my file I extracted from a real 738 touch down shake effect from a Just planes DVD I got.I am testing it now.once I finish editing it I will post it here on this thread, you can try them both and pick your favorite one.---Joel Strikovsky

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Sorry guys, one sily question. Which sliders do I have to set to 50 percent / FSX Sound sliders? Do I have to set the NGS CDU Sound sliders to 100 percent? Which settings are the best, to hear most of the sounds? Thanks a lot.

Sorry guys, one sily question. Which sliders do I have to set to 50 percent / FSX Sound sliders? Do I have to set the NGS CDU Sound sliders to 100 percent? Which settings are the best, to hear most of the sounds? Thanks a lot.
By PMDG recommendations all 4 Sliders in FSX sound settings should be set at 50% if that is your question.----Joel Strikovsky

Joel Strikovsky

By PMDG recommendations all 4 Sliders in FSX sound settings should be set at 50% if that is your question.----Joel Strikovsky
right, and inside PMDG ( CDU ) ?THX

Same - 50% for the Master volume.It's actually appears in the Introduction Manual.I advise reading this section.

Joel Strikovsky

you can grab the new real sound file from the following linkhttp://forum.avsim.net/topic/352432-new-touchdown-sound/page__st__25__p__2150063#entry2150063

Joel Strikovsky

Hi guys, I got a very strange issue which I find it hard to explain why, it might not be an issue thoughbut mis understanding on how the sound works or maybe misconfiguration(s).here is the deal, I got the NGX (on day one - like most of us probably), Installed it.works great, honestly it does.any way I browsed through the Installation folder , but I mainly put my focus on the Sound folder(s) of the NGX, as I am a sound freak.the two main sound root folders are:.\Sound\PMDG\737NGX.\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX\soundgreat Hundreds of sound files which when played in Media player sounds amazing.However I have noticed that many of those sounds (and I will focus on specific ones shortly) I never hear themwhen flying but hearing something else, more like an FSX default sound.here is my example which I want to focus on.touch down sound effects.there are number of sound files within NGX that control the sound when you touchdown during landing.You know the shake sound, etc.here are few files that control that sound (so I assume).\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX\sound\PMDG737NGX_TOUCHDOWN_3.wav.\Sound\PMDG\737NGX\PMDG_737_Touchdown.wavsounds very nicely when played in media player, however all I get when touching down on the actual NGX/FSX flight is a dull blob default FSX touch down soundnot even close to what the NGX WAV files sounds like.I have the same with other sounds as well , one that I have noticed as well was when you roll on the runway, either during take off or landing.The NGX WAV files sound very good and convincing, however I don't get those sound in the actual flight itself, I get something else.I must say however that the rest of the NGX sounds do play nicely when I fly the bird, it is only those (yet) two I had found that the actual sound in the NGX flightdoes not match the so sound files presumably representing the sound for those actions/events (e.g. touchdown, roll).is there anything I can check or configure to match those files to be the actual sound in NGX?BTW - it's nothing to do with volume settings/speakers, so don't even go that path.Joel Strikovsky
Just to come back to the original post by Joel, I experience the same problem even after SP1 which works perfectly apart from this sound issue. Any idea where to look ?Cheers

Luc Voeltzel LSGG

Just to come back to the original post by Joel, I experience the same problem even after SP1 which works perfectly apart from this sound issue. Any idea where to look ?Cheers
yes,you can grab the new real sound file from the following link (my reply on Page 2).I customized the sound to meet reality.http://forum.avsim.n...63#entry2150063

Joel Strikovsky

You might want to check any copyright issues concerning extracting a sound from the Just Planes DVD. It is one thing pulling it for your own personal use, but making it freely available could lead you into trouble. Best to be on the safe side. Andrew

You might want to check any copyright issues concerning extracting a sound from the Just Planes DVD. It is one thing pulling it for your own personal use, but making it freely available could lead you into trouble.Best to be on the safe side.Andrew
thanks for your concern,I myself thought about it and I already sent them an email exchange with Just Planes regarding this.

Joel Strikovsky

You might want to check any copyright issues concerning extracting a sound from the Just Planes DVD. It is one thing pulling it for your own personal use, but making it freely available could lead you into trouble.Best to be on the safe side.Andrew
here is the official Just Plane Consent
Hello Yoel,That sounds very interesting and yes, you are welcome to use the sound and make it available to others.If you could possibly put the [url="http://worldairroutes.com/"]worldairroutes.com[/url] website as the credit that would be great.Thanks very much for asking and good luck with this great idea!michel

Joel Strikovsky

Thank you but link does not seem to work !
here it ishttp://forum.avsim.net/topic/352432-new-touchdown-sound/page__st__25__p__2150063#entry2150063

Joel Strikovsky