Sign in to follow this  
ldsandon

"Free FSX Hurricane from Just Flight" looks like a fraud

Unfortunately, it has to be done that way for a lot of online stores, since their serial number validation is linked to their web shop, so that's just how it works, you'll find similar offers at other online stores such as Simmarket and FS Pilot Store if you look about. I can assure you it is not a fraud, I got that Hurricane myself last night, although in my case they already had my CC details since I've already got an account there, having bought a lot of stuff from them. I can certainly understand you being cautious of course, but since I trust Just Flight as much if not more than any other reputable online store, it did not bother me in the slightest to go ahead as in fact I do know some people from Just Flight personally, one or two of whom are commercial developer members of this forum. As it happens, ironically they are one of the best online sources for sim stuff, because they have a great loyalty points scheme, buy a few things from them and you'll end up with a ton of loyalty points on your account with them which you can spend on any product they carry. Hope that helps. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I agree with chock access to the Hurricane is through thier web shop so you need a valid credit card.You can untick the store your credit card details box so this is a legal requirement for Just Flight not to hold your credit card details.I downloaded the Hurricane and is well pleased, its not every day someone gives you a £20.00 aeroplane so go and get. Paul

It´s a real shame....I have no credit card and was stuck at the checkout after completing the survey. I had to call my father who fortunately has one and used his....but it was a bit strange why they don´t have Paypal or something similar. But at least I got the Hurricane.

Unfortunately, it has to be done that way for a lot of online stores, since their serial number validation is linked to their web shop, so that's just how it works,
No it doesn't. That's how they choose to do it. I've known other sites that accept a 00...00 credit card number in these circumstances.

No it doesn't. That's how they choose to do it. I've known other sites that accept a 00...00 credit card number in these circumstances.
I didn't say it was the only way it could be done, simply that this is the way they have done it, and are set up, so in their case it probably does have to be done that way with their purchasing system. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thank you for the answers, I never bought from them but of course I know them and their reputation, anyway it's not nice to ask a user a valid credit card for a free download. I can use a service from my bank that delivers one time credit cards numbers for a chosen amount, but not everybody may have as such. As a security professional, I found it a risky approach.

Thank you for the answers, I never bought from them but of course I know them and their reputation, anyway it's not nice to ask a user a valid credit card for a free download. I can use a service from my bank that delivers one time credit cards numbers for a chosen amount, but not everybody may have as such. As a security professional, I found it a risky approach.
I don't know if you can use those one time numbers for a zero transaction? I bet the banks aren't even set up for that!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I don't know if you can use those one time numbers for a zero transaction? I bet the banks aren't even set up for that!
I did setting a one euro maximum amount. If worked, as I believe the system justs checks if it is a valid number without charging it. IIRC that card number is no longer valid after five days even if unused, anyway even if used it won't allow more than one transaction up to one euro - I can afford to lose it.