Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Free Justflight Hurricane Offer

Just read the Free JustFlight Hurricane offer on the front page in exchange for answering a Mobile application Survey. (Which is a very generous offer) The story implies there is no catch, well apparently there is. It requires you to open an account with them, which by itself is not a problem, but it also requires the entry of credit card information. As I don't have a card of the issuer type required, that sort of leaves me out. I tried just entering zeroes in the credit card field, which was what was done, when they offered the free archer, but that just resulted in an error. I just post this so others are aware.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Just read the Free JustFlight Hurricane offer on the front page in exchange for answering a Mobile application Survey. (Which is a very generous offer) The story implies there is no catch, well apparently there is. It requires you to open an account with them, which by itself is not a problem, but it also requires the entry of credit card information. As I don't have a card of the issuer type required, that sort of leaves me out. I tried just entering zeroes in the credit card field, which was what was done, when they offered the free archer, but that just resulted in an error. I just post this so others are aware.
Exactlly. I'm not going to give my credit card details to get a "free" download. AVSIM really should monitor free offers, and JustFlight shouldn't have associated itsself with it - there's no such thing as a free lunch. Anyway the survey is pointless. I replied with "never" or "nothing" throughout - both of which are true because I don't have a smartphone..

I did the survey because I do have a smart phone, but I only have it because I train people on how to write applications for mobile phones as part of my job, but I never actually use the phone for anything other than that because I bloody hate mobile phones LOL and only ever use it to demo that kind of thing when I present training courses, so, my answers to the survey were all 'no' 'nope' 'never buy apps' etc LOL, but if they're gonna offer me a freebie FSX Hawker Hurricane for typing that in then I'll have it thank you very much. Of course being an avid simmer, I've already bought craploads of stuff from Just Flight and Just Trains, so creating an account merely for the purposes of the freebie was not required, as I already have an account with them. I've never had any financially worrying issues with Just Flight having my card details, they don't pass stuff on like that, so take it from me, you absolutely can trust them with that info and in fact it is worth buying stuff from Just Flight because you get loyalty points every time you buy from them and they store up, so you can get big discounts on things from them if you buy sim stuff regularly, for example, I got their DC-3 for about a tenner and their Comet for about a fifteen quid as well, and I got their A320 for almost nothing since I threw a fair few points at that one (think it cost me three quid LOL), all by using my account loyalty points on those purchases which I had gained from other purchases I'd made, so it's a pretty generous system in my opinion. Thus it is worth considering them for stuff if you've never shopped with them before. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here