Sign in to follow this  
evro

anyone else having problems with multiplayer?

My dad and i have been sharing aircraft(particularly Carenado products) for a while now without any problems until recently. Something has been changed although i cant put my finger on what it could possibly be. Now when we share an aircraft everything works perfecly as it did before until i transfer control to him. When he takes control he can turn the aircraft normally, but he's unable to climb or descend. He can pitch the plane up and down, but it still remains at the altitude that it was at when he accepted control. i've searched everywhere i know to search and so this is a last resort. any help will be greatly appreciated!

Have you tried with one of the default planes to see if you still have the problem?

Jay

Is the a/p on on one of the aircraft?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

We havent tried any of the default, but thats next on the to-do list. However, we have flown the same aircraft as mentioned above a while back with no problems. The autopilot was on before i transferred control to him, but disengaged prior to transferring control in each case. It appears that when he pushes or pulls on the stick the aircraft pitches accordingly, but the descent/climb rate and altitude remain constant after transferring control. If i have G-effects enabled in the realism settings i'm even experiencing red outs/black outs as he pushes and pulls on the stick as well as stall warnings.

i have problems with MP since I installed SLI its stuttering and a lot of functions fall outIn free flight I have no problems only MPbefore SLI I had tripple head to go from matrox and did not have problems on MPany idea?

FSX doesn't use SLI, but the OS still sees it and has to devote valuable processor time to operate it.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Evro - Wow, glad to see that I am not the only one! We have doing shared cockpit for a year or two now with no problems. We could transfer back a fourth 100 times and it always worked great. Now, all of a sudden, the same problem you are experiencing is happening in our group. If I host a session, we can depart just fine.. if I transfer the controls we the pilot now flying hits a "ceiling" sort to speak. Lateral movement is just fine. Even vertical speed shows a 1000 FPM climb... nothing. As soon as the controls are transferred to me, away we go. We have about 5 guys that are in the group and they all have the same problem when they fly with me. Between other pilots, no problems. We have checked the usual suspects:1) Hard reset of the router2) Open up the stack of route ports3) Verified windows firewall4) Check and verified all A/P is shut off etc. I am wondering if it's something at the ISP (mediacom) level that doesn't allowing incoming connection of some variety. We are at a complete loss as to what has happened. Going from no issues to this is mind boggling. We have spent about 5 hours troubleshooting to no avail. Please keep me posted on what you find out. I will do the same. Thanks- Benjamin.

Benjamin Van Eps

Thanks for the input, Bman2006. i'll connect to my neighbor's wifi tomorrow to see if i get any different results to try and help rule out or verify what you said about the ISP as we have different providers.

A quick update on what we have done through tonight to try an resolve the same issue you are having: 1) Hard reset of the router2) Open up the stack of route ports3) Verified windows firewall4) Check and verified all A/P is shut off etc.5) Hard reset of modem 6) FSPortTest has been checked7) Removed MS FSX from Firewall then re-added8) FSX run as administrator - verified9) Check hard set IP gateway 10) Turn of DMZ11) Blue line direct to modem with A/V off and firewall off Same results. I might try to reinstall simconnect.msi and give the ISP a call. Ultimately we don't think position reports are being sent / received.. hmm... quite the mystery.

Benjamin Van Eps

Evro - I managed to get the shared cockpit working again. I am not exactly sure what corrected the situation but we are back up and running. Some of the items I checked / updated and verified: exe.xml file - Make sure that you don't have any conflicting driver information. I have been running SPAD but recently I had to reinstall saitek drivers for an unrelated issued. I never went back and disabled (or removed) the saitek drivers from loading in the exe.xml file. I also reinstalled SPAD drivers just to make sure all was well. I removed CumulusX and WinchX from loading by default setting <disable>true</disable>. I don't think that was related either but it took a few pieces out of the puzzle. simconnect.xml - I changed my <maxclients>64</maxclients>. It was on 10... I changed it back to 64. I also removed the <scope>local</scope> segment since I already had a global scope defined with IPv4. Not sure this made a difference either - I am just noting some of the things I tried. So there you have it. I didn't reinstall anything or repair anything. I router / port / modem fundamentals listed in previous post and the changes you see above. I think in the end it was related to conflicting driver information that was loading up (SaiPanels.exe) when all the while I was trying to use SPAD. I hope this helps you in some form. Good luck. Benjamin

Benjamin Van Eps

thank you for the info! cant wait to try it out. i wish i had checked the post earlier because i just got out of an unsuccessful flight with my dad yet again. i'll try it out later tonight if my flying buddy is willing.I also reinstalled saitek drivers recently so maybe this is the cause. i'll report back to verify for anyone else who may be having problems.

Problem solved! Although what i found is that in my case it wasn't a driver issue. I have recently done a repair install of fsx. When i ran a repair install in the past i remembered it having some problems replacing the old simconnect.dll files. When you mentioned simconnect.xml i grew suspicious of the simconnect.dll files. I replaced them with brand new ones, and then... problem solved :D Here's what i did to fix it: 1. delete the existing simconnect folders and their contents in C:\Windows\WinSxSthere are three simconnect folders that will be named something like x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b2. insert your fsx install disk and select repair, and follow the instructions on the screen Do this every time you repair your fsx installation. Hopefully this will be of assistance to someone :)

Great! I read the same threads on repair and how it would repair everything but the simconnect folders. I grew leery of trying that out right away since I read about people having a hard time getting the SxS folders to come back even after they did the repair causing other issues to occur - even so far as having to do a fresh OS install (...say what?! That's crazy talk). Regardless, I have no doubt this is/was a simconnect issue. Why mine was solved by cleaning the .xml versus new .dlls - I don't know. Could have been just some confusion between what my simconnect.dll was thinking and what the .xml was showing after I did a checkpoint restore a few days prior. Nice work.

Benjamin Van Eps