Sign in to follow this  
KJConlon

TQ6 Causing CTD?

I was able to resolve the CTD when trying to load the NGX, either from the Free Flight screen or when changing to it from another aircraft. After a suggestion from Ryan about disconnecting my Saitek Hardware I was still having the CTD. I disconnected all my GoFlight peripherals and one-by one added them in. I can consistently reproduce the CTD if the TQ6 is connected - each and every time. I called GoFlight today and spoke with John and had asked about something that Paul, at PMD, had said in my ticket "It seems that there is some type of noise being introduced from the controllers during the load of the aircraft. " (This was in reference to the Saitek hardware though) John had said there is inherent noise with any analog device and doesn't believe this could cause the CTD issue. What I am wondering is if I need to have the pots repalced on the TQ6 or is this a PMDG issue? I love my TQ6 but if I can't use it then I'll need to go back to the Saitek throttle. My 2 cents worth. Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

"It seems that there is some type of noise being introduced from the controllers during the load of the aircraft. "
Since that is the case, have you tried loading the airplane with the TQ6 disconnected, and then connect it after the plane loads?

Cristi Neagu

KevinI don't know if this will work for you or if you have tried it already but I had an issue with the TQ6 too.I unplugged the throttles-started pc went into the GoFlight software & saved the file without TQ6. Rebooted pc-connected the throttles & saved the new file in the GoFlight software after assigning the levers etc. Then loaded FSX & NGX. Once the NGX finished loading I saved the flight as default & shut FSX down. Rebooted pc & since then I've had no CTD's withe the TQ6.I may have just got lucky but it might be worth a try. Good luck.

Funny, I did something similar to that. I unplugged, rebooted removed it from GFConfg, reinstalled the TQ6(with a new cable and on a different USB port) and so far I have been lucky. Now I just need to set up a reverser zone :)Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10