Sign in to follow this  
Hernan1

How to delete a "ghost" scenery

Hello fellow flight simmers. I have FS2004. A few years ago I dowloaded a scenery pack for Central America and Caribbean. I have a problem with removing one of the sceneries from that pack, mainly, San Pedro Sula airport. I found a better scenery version by another scenery developer, however, the scenery from the pack stays, even after installing the new scenery. The title of the original pack was under "latvir3.zip" and I cannot find it in my Add-on Scenery folder. As I remember the scenery pack installed directly into my Flight Simulator main root. I still cannot find that folder. I went to my Start of programs and tried to remove it from my Control Panel and I don't see it listed there either.Is there a tool that could help me locate that scenery?. I realize that by removing the scenery pack, the other airports in the pack will be removed as well, but, I can always re-install and this time I can do a manual install selecting only the airports I need.Can someone assist me with this problems please?. I will appreciate your help. Thanks! Praying.gif

Flightsim.com has latvirt3.zip in it's library. Maybe you could download it there to see what's in it. Or at least do a zipview. regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Hi Joe. Thanks for your response. That's the file I downloaded initially and the San Pedro Sula airport scenery in question is there. However, I cannot find that file in my Add-On Scenery list and I don't see it anywhere else within my FS9 Otherwise, I would have deleted that scenery and add the "mhlm_v2" by Henry Carcamo. You see, I installed Henry Carcamo's scenery recently, but, the scenery from the "latvir3" is still there, and both of them are being displayed. Perhaps you or anyone else can direct me to a link where I can find a utility tool that may help me locate that scenery?. Thanks.

If you would have looked at the download you would have seen everything you need to know in the readme. That's OK, I did it for you. Using the Windows Explorer search function, find and disable the following... AF2_MHLM.bgl lat01snpsh*.bgl The second search should return 4 files. These 5 files are all there is in that addon for that airport. regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thanks Joe. You are a genious!. lol Your instructions worked perfectly. I should have listened to you the first time you suggested to open the zip file, however, my problem would have been not knowing what to look for. I also noticed with the original scenery there was a row of approach lights right over the runway threshold, but with the new scenery it is now gone.Interestly enough, within the same package there was a scenery for the Bonaire airport. The terminal was wonderfully done, however, there were a couple of hangars over an open area east of the terminal that I wanted to delete. It was very difficult to figure out, since all of the terminal, hangars or other objects used in general for most of the sceneries were placed in the scenery and texture folders, and it was hard to determine which ones were for the hangars, Anyway, I ended up enhancing my Bonaire scenery with the aid of Abacus EZ Scenery.Thanks again for your help. Loser.gif