Sign in to follow this  
FlyinIron406

FSX fails to start...all of the very sudden!

Hey Guys,Please help! I used the Bojote FSX.cfg service, loaded up and flew a short PMDG 737NGx SAN-LAX flight, and then exited the sim via CTRL C. Now, whenever I try to get back in, the MS FSX Blue "load screen for lack of a better word" pops up, and then the mouse spins, but nothing happens! I highly doubt it was a PMDG issue, but a lot of smart peeps here!Anyone have any ideas? Any tools I can run for this?Thanks!

Hey Guys, Please help! I used the Bojote FSX.cfg service, loaded up and flew a short PMDG 737NGx SAN-LAX flight, and then exited the sim via CTRL C. Now, whenever I try to get back in, the MS FSX Blue "load screen for lack of a better word" pops up, and then the mouse spins, but nothing happens! I highly doubt it was a PMDG issue, but a lot of smart peeps here! Anyone have any ideas? Any tools I can run for this? Thanks!
The first thing to try, is delete your fsx.cfg file, and let FSX rebuild one for you, then see if you can load. If so, then make the tweaks you want, and you should be good to go!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Another quick fix is to delete the logbook file in the Flight Simulator X folder in "My Documents". This can get corrupted for no reason and cause that very issue.

Hey Tom, That's what I tried first...to no avail! @ Eric, that seemed to do the trick! Now I can't even remember where I last landed in my FSX world, but oh well! Maybe I need a better logbook software. Then again, I have real world flying to deal with that mess...shouldn't need it virtually too :(

You don't need to delete the logbook. Download this from the Avsim library:- fsxlogrecovery11.zip. and fix it. cool.png Some folks have hundreds of hours logged, and if you delete it.......... sad.png

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest jahman

Another solution is to periodically backup your logbook :( Cheers, - jahman.