Sign in to follow this  
rerradem

Networking Avionics

G'day, Have a short question. Does anybody knows the availability of Avionics Software like GPS, ADF etc that can be run outside the main FSX program via networking procedures? I know there is plenty of Hardware available at a price. Some of the software I use at the moment are PM-IFRgauges, FSMap and Plan-g or FSC, all via either FSUIPC or SimConnect.Thanks and cheers Richard.

Cheers from Down Under

Guest jahman

You could run a second copy of FSX over a network. At $30 probably the way cheapest solution. Cheers, - jahman.

Hello, Look at PROJECT MAGENTA http://www.projectmagenta.com/ cheersRon Sagel
Thanks Ron. Yep already have the PMGAIFR panel from them and most of their stuff is mainly for the heavies. I am just a GA nut looking for a GPS system independantly from FSX. Right now I am using the Garmen GPS from Reallity XP but cannot network it.So maybe, as suggested and thanks for that, installing FSX on a network pc but synchronising them?Keep on looking and trying I suppose.Have a nice dayRichard

Cheers from Down Under

Guest jahman
So maybe, as suggested and thanks for that, installing FSX on a network pc but synchronising them?
Via WideView. Cheers, - jahman.

Via WideView. Cheers, - jahman.
thanks for that,but do I have to have FSX on both the main FSX PC (server) and on the networked client PC to install the WideView software. Also do both FSX have to be the same editions. I already have both my PCs in a network situation.cheersRichard

Cheers from Down Under

You might take a look at this sofware: - http://www.peixsoft....=ga-radio-stack I used it on a second pc before getting my Go Flight hardware. regards Den
Thanks Den and others who suggested this. I am familiar whit that software and have used their GA Panel b4 switching to PM-GAIFR panels as I do flying in a C-172. The radiostack is good but I am using hardware from GoFlight, Saitek and some homemade switches and the like with hardware from the Desktop aviator.to sort of get my cockpit the way I wanted. As mentioned b4, I am just looking for a single GPS system like the one I am using at the moment from Reallity XP, except one that can be used seperately from the main FS program by way of networking. Well here is hoping they might make that one networkable some day. In the meantime just keep on flying with the setup I have right now.Thanks everyone and cheers for nowRichard

Cheers from Down Under

Have you considered Plan-G? It is not technically a GPS, but, it provides much of the same information (live tracking of your aircraft on a map, display of flight plan way points/route, display of airspace, terrain, etc.) and it works over a network via simconnect. And added beneift is it is free. I use it every time I fly and it is very handy. Perhaps it will work until someone provides a true networkable GPS? The link below will provide more detail, access to the documentation, and download if you wish to try it. http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/planG.htm

Danny

Have you considered Plan-G? It is not technically a GPS, but, it provides much of the same information (live tracking of your aircraft on a map, display of flight plan way points/route, display of airspace, terrain, etc.) and it works over a network via simconnect. And added beneift is it is free. I use it every time I fly and it is very handy. Perhaps it will work until someone provides a true networkable GPS? The link below will provide more detail, access to the documentation, and download if you wish to try it. http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/planG.htm
I sure have and actually using it. It is great but not what I am after. But as you said, might have to wait until someone comes out with a networkable UnitThanks and cheersRichard

Cheers from Down Under

I sure have and actually using it. It is great but not what I am after. But as you said, might have to wait until someone comes out with a networkable UnitThanks and cheersRichard
You might look at FSMap. It is a moving map much like Plan-G, however, it also has a GPS gauge module that can be ran over a network. It is payware, but not that much. I am considering it. Here is the link: http://www.fsmap.net/default.asp

Danny

You might look at FSMap. It is a moving map much like Plan-G, however, it also has a GPS gauge module that can be ran over a network. It is payware, but not that much. I am considering it. Here is the link: http://www.fsmap.net/default.asp
Yep thanks. Have it, done that. I use to use FSMap and FSC before switching to Plan-G. But from memory, the moving map section of that program only is networkable not the gauge, which acts like any other gauge in the FS. It is good providing you are happy with looking for maps that can be used with FSMap or do some converting maps yourself. That actually put me off using the program, otherwise it is just fine. Also the gauge has a bit more possibilities than the moving map.Thanks anyway and happy flyingRichard

Cheers from Down Under