Sign in to follow this  
twilfert

Weather Radar for Wilco Airbus Evolution 1&2 does not work

Hello,I have recently purchased and installed the Evolution 1&2 package and most of the things work fine. However, I cannot get the weather radar to work. The On/Off switch is there and can be pushed but there is no radar test screen and no radar then itself although checking all ND ranges between 20 and 80nm. I have already contacted Wilco support but no resolution so far (an answer (or better a question back) per week in average but no solution which is a bit disappointing.Does anyone out here has a similar issue and found a way to get the radar work?This is my configuration:- Windows 7- FSX Acceleration- Ultimate Traffic 2- Radar Contact 4- FS2Crew for Airbus including the evolution upgrade (I also tried to uninstall the FS2Crew package to check whether the radar works w/o it but it doesn't)- Wilco Airbus 1&2- Wilco Airbus 1&2 Evolution- FSUIPC4 4.70b (registered version)If there is any help available, that would be great. Thanks very much in advance!Best regards,Tilo

Hi,I believe that Wilco's wx radar is temperamental, but I only have their ERJ V2 & EJet V2 and not the Airbus package(s). On both the ERJ & EJet, you must first enable the wx radar in the configuration manager, so this may be the same for you.Then, on the ERJ, after switching it on in the VC, the wx will first show a test screen, and it works as expected by showing clouds with various colours as per cloud density. However, on the EJet, I switch on the wx radar within the VC, but generally the wx will not function until I first run the standard 2D panel and wait for the test screen, then it will work OK in the VC. It's likely an anomaly in my setup, but possibly it may work for you in your Airbus. Good luck!Fabs

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

I guess he means this one, on your Start>Programs menus. configscreenie.jpg For the Wilco RJ's, the config utility has a couple of options for the weather radar, one enables it, the other simulates beam rotation, not sure about on the Evolution version of the Airbuses as I only have the bog standard Wilco Airbus packages installed on my system as I'm not a huge fan of the Evolution upgrade, but a quick look on your menus would confirm whether or not you need to click an option on. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks for the explanation. I just checked the configuration utility. Unfortunately, there is no option on weather radar to select...

For both the ERJ & EJet, there is a tab to enable the wx radar by clicking on a check box, and another to simulate the passes (left to right I assume) forth sweep scans of the radar itself, though the frames take a hit with this second option. The configuration manager should be under the program group for the installation (Wilco or Feelthere?), and it has several tabs and options. As I said, I don't have the Airbus package, but I think it will have a similar configuration manager, most complex payware a/c do (though PMDG have raised the bar by allowing the FMC to manage options within the a/c).Good luck!Fabs

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"