Sign in to follow this  
vibraman

A/P is still trimming while fyling manual

i asked before but nobody replyied. if i hand fly the aircraft on an approach and the A/P is disengaged (by pressing the diseng. bar or press cmd/a button to off) if i use more stick pressure on elevation the autopilot still trims the pitch. at least i can hear the trim wheel sound. am i doing something wrong? i think manual flying should implement me using the pitch trim. tarik

I noticed this also. I often let the autopilot capture the ils/gs and disconnect at the outer marker.I don't see much of a trim change but I hear the trim wheel move one click.I assume it's due to a very old CH yoke (with FSX settings) as it is cranky in pitch trim at times. Skipper

This the speedtrim function of the Flight Control Computer (FCC), The FCCs send speed trim signals to the stabilizer trim electric actuator to control the horizontal stabilizer movements. This control increases the airplane stability at low air speeds. As the airplane speed slows, the stabilizer is moved to a more nose down position to increase the speed. As the speed increases, the stabilizer is moved to a more nose up position to decrease the speed. This function only operates if the autopilot is not engaged. The speedtrim occurs at the following conditions: * Airplane is in the air * No manual electric trim for at least five seconds* Both Autopilots are not engaged* Flaps are down and gear is up or the Computed airspeed is less than 226 knots.* The speedtrim is valid. NOTE: The airplane is in the air when the Radio Altimeter shows the altitude is more than 10 feet.

Mark Scheerman

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900 Ground Engineer