Sign in to follow this  
VirginAus737

X-Plane Crashes on startup

Hello, just installed X Plane as a alternative to FSX after the trouble it has been giving me and it turns out, x Plane does the same thing. I can't start the sim as I get this error on startup: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: InPageError Error Status Code: c000009c Faulting Media Type: 00000005 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 3081 Additional Information 1: 0a9e Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 Additional Information 3: 0a9e Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789Please help. I would really like a reliable sim.

X Plane is VERY reliable and it is very rare someone gets a fault on loading up. This is usually caused by a corrupt file somewhere.Check your OpenGL drivers.Make sure you have the latest version (9.70). If you don't, download the updater from x-plane.com and run it with beta option unticked.Next, make sure x plane is NOT installed under a "Program Files" folder. X Plane has issues running under a Windows Program Files folder on some computers. The best option is to install it on your desktop. If you don't want that, install it under your root C:/ drive. If that doesn't work, try to delete all your preference files (move them to a safe folder OUTSIDE of your x plane folder) that are located in :/X-Plane 9/Output/preferencesThis is the same as deleting your FSX.cfg file. DO NOT delete the folder. Just the files IN the folder.X Plane rebuilds your preferences and sets them as default on the next startup. If that still doesn't work, send the crashlog.txt file (found in your root x plane directory after the crash) to Laminar support. They will get back to you with a response, usually within 48 hours.

OK, I will try all. Look forward to some reliability. If only there was a mix between FSX eye candy a X Plane realism.

OK, I will try all. Look forward to some reliability. If only there was a mix between FSX eye candy a X Plane realism.
Good luck.And there will be. X Plane 10.happy.png

Lets hope some developers get on board and start making some very nice software. From what I have seen in the airfoil editor and plane maker stuff, it seams very advanced.

Lets hope some developers get on board and start making some very nice software. From what I have seen in the airfoil editor and plane maker stuff, it seams very advanced.
There is already some very high quality payware available for x plane. Head on over to www.x-aviation.com and check it out. I think you will be surprised.

I have the 280.26. I can't update X-Plane so here is my crash log: Unhandled exception: EXCEPTION_IN_PAGE_ERROR (C0000006)Flags=0, Address = 0x0078f013 0) xmap_class::check_file(int, const int *, const char *, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char>> *) + 419 (xmap.cpp:33) (X-Plane.exe + 3731475) 1) check_dvd(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char>>) + 162 (demo.cpp:133) (X-Plane.exe + 3751282) 2) demo_class::check_any(int, int) + 746 (demo.cpp:268) (X-Plane.exe + 3755658) 3) demo_class::fill_screen() + 619 (demo.cpp:432) (X-Plane.exe + 3756555) 4) standard_gui() + 22 (hl_mnw.cpp:210) (X-Plane.exe + 2360374) 5) MACIBM_event_proc() + 1781 (hl_mnw.cpp:1600) (X-Plane.exe + 2389253) 6) WinMain + 309 (SIM_MAIN.CPP:1382) (X-Plane.exe + 125189) 7) png_set_compression_buffer_size + 295 (pngset.c:1095) (X-Plane.exe + 6746823) 8) 0x7536339a (kernel32.dll + 78746) 9) 0x77399ed2 (ntdll.dll + 237266) 10) 0x77399ea5 (ntdll.dll + 237221)Hope it can help you help me.

I'm not too fluent in the crashlogs, so here is a passage from the x-plane.com support page.Use the relevant emails or contact numbers. Contacting customer serviceBefore calling or emailing, save both yourself and customer service time by checking the X-Plane Desktop manual or the X-Plane Mobile manual, depending on whether the issue is with the PC/Mac/Linux version or the iPhone/iPod Touch/Android/Palm Pre version of X-Plane. Also, be sure you have the latest version of the software you're using before calling.To contact customer service for a copy of X-Plane purchased here at X-Plane.com, email info@x-plane.com or call (913) 269-0976 (Central Standard Time). The discs purchased here come with gray labels in either a six- or eight-DVD set.For customer service with a retail copy of X-Plane (purchased from anywhere but X-Plane.com, sold as a six-disc set with yellow labels), email amy@graphsim.com or call (214) 884-5571. Hope this helps.