Sign in to follow this  
mcnobody

Replacement fans for Corsair A70 Cooler

Hello. I have just build my new system and attached a Corsair A70 coolor on the CPU which seems to work pretty good. I have got my i5 2500k overclocked at 4.5 GHz and - despite the computer standing a bit in the warm sun - I get a max temperature of 63°C at 100% CPU load. I am running the cooler with the stock fans with the resistance cable attached, so that they run at 1.600 rpm. 2.000 rpm are simply too loud, sounds like a lawn mower in my room. My questions is, if somebody can recommend a better set of 120mm fans for the coolor - it's possible to mount different fans - which are more efficient but a lot less noisy than the stock ones? On a side note, I am still using my three year old Corsair 520 Watt PSU, should I replace this one too? I don't have any problems with my system so far? kind regards and thanks for any help. Christian System:Intel i5 2500kASUS P8P67 PRO Rev 3.1Corsair A70 CoolerEVGA 560 TiWD Black Caviar 1TB

Those temps are very good, not sure that changing the fans will help lower your temps, but if you're looking for the best noise/performance fans , Scythe Gentle Typhoon is what I would recommend. the 1450 or 1850rpm ones

I replaced the H70 stock Corsair 3-pin fans with Scythe KAMA-FLEX PWM 120mm 4-pin fans. Using them with the Gelid Solutions PWM Y-cable, I can run both fans off the mobo CPU fan header. Cuts way down on the noise and when needed, I'm still getting over 2000 rpm from each fan. Running the fans in a push-pull configuration with the air blowing into the case.

Personally I use a fan controller with a few Yate Loons. No screwing around with software or the BIOS for fan control. I turn them up when I want quiet, and turn them down when I don't (almost never). The stock Corsair fans are a bit noisy. The Gentle Typhoons are excellent, by the way.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Thanks for the answers guys. I'll have a close look at your suggestions and see what I end with. At 1.600 rpm the noise is quite acceptable but sometime I am quite sensitive regarding noise. I'll report back with whatever result I come up with. Christian