Sign in to follow this  
Peter James

better without external limiter

After weeks of testing I have concluded that the NGX runs a wee bit better on my machine without any limiter! No blurries as a result as well as *******' latest .cfg tweak installed - I do see that blurries creep in over time with the limiter running, without it's sharp as a photo on the old GTX280M I have. Also, frame rate spikes are not any worse without it except in external views...hmmmm...

I too realised that somehow the external fps limiter did not really cap my fps to the exact value i inserted. i still see spikes going way above the limit and overall i saw no performance increase/decrease nor an increase in smoothness.. ******* .cfg tweak actually made my performance even worser so i eventually descided to keep at my current settings and stop changing anything as it works alright with my rather lowish and old computer :-) i think, the moment you invest more time in tweaking instead of flying is always a moment where you should consider changing your mind ;-) CheersConchi

Well, I am certainly going to test this myself, as an external frame rate limiter was a bit counter-intuitive. I wonder if you would get similar results by jacking up the external limiter to an unrealistic number, like 25 (hehe).

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

How about the smoothness of the sim itelf, microstutters or major stutters....do you notice a difference? Mark.
I am no expert but i thought that the theory was that if you have huge variancies (spikes) in frame rates, this is a cause of stutters or micro-stutters. Thus by reducing the amount and/or size of the variance reduces the posibility of stutters. Or am i wrong?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I am no expert but i thought that the theory was that if you have huge variancies (spikes) in frame rates, this is a cause of stutters or micro-stutters. Thus by reducing the amount and/or size of the variance reduces the posibility of stutters. Or am i wrong?
That's correct, it's meant to reduce the jumps/drops in framerates.

The internal frame limiter seems to do a much better job for me, its not a programme, you just drop it into your main fsx folder. http://www.subsim.co...do=file&id=2871
I'll have to experiment with this to see which seems better. The FPS Limiter is installed the same way, within the FSX folder, but then used to start FSX.

I too realised that somehow the external fps limiter did not really cap my fps to the exact value i inserted. i still see spikes going way above the limit and overall i saw no performance increase/decrease nor an increase in smoothness.. ******* .cfg tweak actually made my performance even worser so i eventually descided to keep at my current settings and stop changing anything as it works alright with my rather lowish and old computer :-) i think, the moment you invest more time in tweaking instead of flying is always a moment where you should consider changing your mind ;-) CheersConchi
The limiter doesn't work with ENB, do you have that mod installed?

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

I found that by limiting the frames to 50 instead of 30, I got in fps heavy situations about 3-5 fps consistently (using the antilag limiter).

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

The limiter doesn't work with ENB, do you have that mod installed?
Nope, i have not as i want to relief my computer from as much unnecassary workload as possible.However, for those of you who don´t know it: the fps limter works WITH the ENB series, at least with the fps limter "antilag". Somewhere here on this forum or somewhere else is explained in detail how :) So, you think my fps limiter isnt working as intended? i use antilag and have set the limit to 23 fps however within fsx i see somettimes 25....28.... etc.. i thought thats normal but well. now that you ask i have the feeling i'm wrong ^^ Dominik

Nope, i have not as i want to relief my computer from as much unnecassary workload as possible.However, for those of you who don´t know it: the fps limter works WITH the ENB series, at least with the fps limter "antilag". Somewhere here on this forum or somewhere else is explained in detail how :) So, you think my fps limiter isnt working as intended? i use antilag and have set the limit to 23 fps however within fsx i see somettimes 25....28.... etc.. i thought thats normal but well. now that you ask i have the feeling i'm wrong ^^ Dominik
That's not that much, so I think it's ok. I get jumps to 42 sometimes too, and I'm capped at 40. With ENB on it went WAY above the limit and it caused massive stutters... I don't know :(

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

That's not that much, so I think it's ok. I get jumps to 42 sometimes too, and I'm capped at 40. With ENB on it went WAY above the limit and it caused massive stutters... I don't know tongue.png
Ah well, than i'm reliefed, haha... already thought i installed the limiter the wrong way.... Dominik

antilag DOES work with ENB, rename the antilag d3d9.dll to antilag.dlland in enbseries.ini set these

[PROXY]EnableProxyLibrary=1InitProxyFunctions=1ProxyLibrary=antilag.dll

worked for me.

antilag DOES work with ENB, rename the antilag d3d9.dll to antilag.dlland in enbseries.ini set these
[PROXY]EnableProxyLibrary=1InitProxyFunctions=1ProxyLibrary=antilag.dll

worked for me.

Wow that's interesting, but do you know if it stops the sim from crashing after ending a session with a pmdg aircraft too? It's sorta the main reason I dropped ENB..

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png