Sign in to follow this  
Peter James

better without external limiter

well i dont think it will make enb magically more stable for u.enb has some issues, but as it wasnt even meant to be used with fsx, u kinda have to take the good with the bad.btw with regards to fps spikes, i think antilag or for that mattar any other frame limiter is designed to keep an average of fps, and not keep it constant.i also get spiked to 35-40fps using a 30fps limit, but the avrage fps after 5 mins is 29.9fps. so that pretty spot on

The external limiter only does away with FPS "surges". You know? When you're getting 60-80 FPS but panning around the aircraft externally dips it to 20 FPS for a millisecond. Antilag did away with this annoyance.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

here is a shot with enb and antilag @ 30fps, with RenderAheadLimit=2i held the hat switch for about 20 complete revolutions around the plane, u can see high, average, low, and variance of fps. 20119102059235591.th.jpg

I found that my pc specs, the NGX doesn't really go much above 30 in VC mode anyway, so the external limiter does not much for that viewpoint when flying, and like I said, the textures were much better without it running..... however, if you're on a really fast machine, then the limiter probably has its advantages over none.... I have seen that on my pc, where let's say the Citation Mustang by Flight1 runs fast in VC, 30 to 60fps, yet surges to that 60 all the time...and makes the framerate variability up to 33%...the limter caps it and brings it down to only 5% or so...smmmmooooothhhh for that plane.... yet the NGX is fairly stable and smooth without it , still with stutters from time to time, nothing big

antilag DOES work with ENB, rename the antilag d3d9.dll to antilag.dlland in enbseries.ini set these
[PROXY]EnableProxyLibrary=1InitProxyFunctions=1ProxyLibrary=antilag.dll

worked for me.

Yes it does work I asked this question a couple of weeks ago when I was having an empty head moment. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/345611-emb-hdr-mod-and-antilag-external-fps-limiter/page__p__2077877#entry2077877 However since I upgraded my specs the other day the d3d9.dll for enb just crashes fsx all the time so I have removed it. I have not bothered to work out why yet as I am busy installing everything else. Have not got round to putting in anti lag either but will be interested to see how it behaves this time.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

here is a shot with enb and antilag @ 30fps, with RenderAheadLimit=2i held the hat switch for about 20 complete revolutions around the plane, u can see high, average, low, and variance of fps. 20119102059235591.th.jpg
Hello, how did you get the MIN, MAX and AVG fps? I know about FS2004, but not in FSX. Thanks, bye.

Yes it does work I asked this question a couple of weeks ago when I was having an empty head moment. http://forum.avsim.n...77#entry2077877 However since I upgraded my specs the other day the d3d9.dll for enb just crashes fsx all the time so I have removed it. I have not bothered to work out why yet as I am busy installing everything else. Have not got round to putting in anti lag either but will be interested to see how it behaves this time.
u might want to look here:http://forum.avsim.n...d-possible-fix/
Hello, how did you get the MIN, MAX and AVG fps? I know about FS2004, but not in FSX. Thanks, bye.
full info is here:http://www.microsoft...ingShift-Z.aspx if u just want it like i have it i'll make it easier for u, just replace the appropriate sections in your fsx.cfgTextInfo.1 is what shows up after pressing shift+z once, TextInfo.2 after twice and so on.
[TextInfo.1]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6 [TextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1AverageFrameRate=1,2LockedFrameRate=1,3GForce=1,4FuelPercentage=1,5 [TextInfo.3]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6FrameRate=2,1AverageFrameRate=2,2LockedFrameRate=2,3GForce=2,4FuelPercentage=2,5