Sign in to follow this  
Sorux123

RC with vroute premium

Hello, I recently bought Vroute premium and noticed i am not able to assign SID/STAR's to the flightplans that i export into RC. Perhpas i missed something and there is actually a way of doing it? If there is no option to add SID's/STAR's in vroute, what would be the best way of still flying a desired SID and STAR? I am flying the PMDG ngx, so i use the FMC. Thanks in advance - Arthur

This discussion will explain what to do. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/347013-using-vroute/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Up to 40 miles from your destination you can fly the route without RC intervention. At 40 miles you contact APP and can either fly RC vectors or request an IAP and follow your STAR. It's all in the manual.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Up to 40 miles from your destination you can fly the route without RC intervention. At 40 miles you contact APP and can either fly RC vectors or request an IAP and follow your STAR. It's all in the manual.
Im aware that its in the manual, and ive read it all. But it dosent exactly tell you how to program your FMC for this. Can i just program my FMC to have my desired STAR in it, even though its not in the filed flightplan in RC? And in order to use the STAR i have to chose an IAP approach once this option is avalible? - Arhur

Im aware that its in the manual, and ive read it all. But it dosent exactly tell you how to program your FMC for this.
With respect, why should it?
Can i just program my FMC to have my desired STAR in it, even though its not in the filed flightplan in RC? And in order to use the STAR i have to chose an IAP approach once this option is avalible?
The waypoints in your STAR outside of 40 miles MUST be in the RC plan otherwise you'll get reprimanded. Inside 40 miles you can fly what you like providing you request an IAP when contacting APP.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

With respect, why should it?
I never said it should, you told me its "all in the manual". So i just told you what i was looking for wasnt in there, hence why im here to get help.
The waypoints in your STAR outside of 40 miles MUST be in the RC plan otherwise you'll get reprimanded.
This is what i was asking about in my initial post. In vroute premium i am not able to chose a STAR or a SID. So if i was to program a STAR into my FMC and one of the STAR's waypoints were outside of 40nm i cant do anything about it. By that i mean i wont be able to add this waypoint/waypoints to my RC plan because as far as i know Vroute dosent let you add stars/sid's and waypoints to the plans that you export. But then again, this is as far as i know, and i asked in my initial post if i had got this wrong and if there actually was a way to add sids/stars/waypoints to the vroute plan. But aparantly you said i could get an answer to this in the discussion you linked me, which i couldnt. - Arthur

Arthur, vRoute plans start at the end of the SID and end at the start of a STAR.This is deliberate so you can add the SID and STAR to your FMC route depending on wind direction. Have you actually tried a flight and chosen a suitable STAR or is this a theoretical question? What route is causing you a problem?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Arthur, vRoute plans start at the end of the SID and end at the start of a STAR.This is deliberate so you can add the SID and STAR to your FMC route depending on wind direction. Have you actually tried a flight and chosen a suitable STAR or is this a theoretical question? What route is causing you a problem?
I havent really tested a flight, which i understand is quite silly of me before coming here. I just havent had the time to sit down today and do the flight due to some RL stuff i needed to attend to. But based on what i read from the manual i thought chosing a STAR could give me problems, because if(as you mentioned) one of the STAR waypoint/waypoints should be outside the 40nm area of the arrival aiport, RC will start nagging me for flying the STAR when its not in the RC flightplan. Or are all STAR's within 40nm of the arrival airport? In that case i wouldnt have to worry about it as long as i chose an IAP approach. - Arthur

I havent really tested a flight, which i understand is quite silly of me before coming here. I just havent had the time to sit down today and do the flight due to some RL stuff i needed to attend to.
I suspected you hadn't from your replies. I think if you fly a route you'll learn more than you and I discussing a theoretical situation here.
But based on what i read from the manual i thought chosing a STAR could give me problems, because if(as you mentioned) one of the STAR waypoint/waypoints should be outside the 40nm area of the arrival aiport, RC will start nagging me for flying the STAR when its not in the RC flightplan. Or are all STAR's within 40nm of the arrival airport? In that case i wouldnt have to worry about it as long as i chose an IAP approach.
Why would it? When you export a plan from vRoute export it for FS and the PMDG. Load the FS one into RC and the other into your FMC. That way, the plan will be identical except for the SID element (previously advised) and the STAR element inside 40 miles. If a STAR starts 100 miles out those waypoints will be in your RC plan anyway. It's only the STAR waypoints inside 40 miles it won't know about and you get around that with a IAP request when contacting APP.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If a STAR starts 100 miles out those waypoints will be in your RC plan anyway. It's only the STAR waypoints inside 40 miles it won't know about and you get around that with a IAP request when contacting APP.
Oh, i see now! Thanks a lot for your patience! If you woulndt mind, could i bother you with one more thing? When i was trying to load a flightplan into RC i got the follow error saying: "You need the following file to be installed on your machine MSSTDFMT.DLL." - Arthur

Glad it all made sense Arthur. Enjoy RC.smile.png

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather