Sign in to follow this  
rossdh

Carenado goes Glass

Not fully glass but its still glass! Looks pretty sweet actually. 6.jpg Could this mean the JetPropDLX will be full glass? Hmmm.

I wonder if the ASPEN would work with the Reality XP GPS's?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hi,looks really nice and promissing! But hope the great Carenado performance on their planes will still be the same with starting putting glass-gauges in them! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif Andreas EDDN

but i hope=not full glass
Me too... as useful as they might be, I can't stand glass cockpits. They look so friggin' sterile that they take all the romance out of flying. Aircraft need tactile character by the way of good old "steam gauges", and not some virtual stuff on a screen. And yes... I'm aware of the irony that this is coming from someone who does all his flying with virtual stuff on a screen. But I don't need the double whammy of virtual stuff on a screen as part of virtual stuff on a screen. :D

Ya, I dont want full glass ever! I'd like to use my 430/530 WAAS + the ASPEN stuff, but thats it.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

It's interesting to look at the images of Carenado's incoming King Air C90. I don't know if it's the development stage they are in or if they are planning a full glass avionics suite for it. There is a lot of panel real estate waiting for something to be installed in it... The current C90GTx produced by Hawker-Beech has the Rockwell-Collins Pro Line 21 installed. Carenado's current C90 roll out guess-timate is early 2012, but hopefully, we may see some interior images before that. As you all know, CNado teases us bit-by-bit until they release their aircraft. They're as good at marketing as they are at software development. I don't think the Mirage will be full-glass as someone mentioned earlier. You can see a mix of dials and glass in one of the new images. Carenado just keeps getting better. They are true digital-age craftsman IMHO. http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php King Air C 90 Mark Nault Dell XP Desktop W7 64 bit, Intel i5@ 3.2 gHz, 8 meg RAM,1TB WD Drive x 2, NVIDIA GT 220, looking to invest in a much more capable machine from a custom builder once I can find one... Any info appreciated.

Having seen the inclusion of the Aspen system in the A36, Carenado may have some tricks up their sleeves! I see the Malibu is scheduled for late 2011 early 2012. Perhaps a new tech is being implemented.