Sign in to follow this  
Burnspot

PMDG - How to Service Hydraulics

Hydraulic servicing. I know this debate has gone on for awhile, but my current airframe has now reached it's limit. Sys A is sitting at 39% quantity and the low pressure light is on; I have been unable to clear it through the maintenance screens on the CDU (even after a panel state reload). Arming/activating the QTY low failure on SYS A and "fixing it" doesn't do the trick. So how do we service the HYD fluid levels? What is the EXACT procedure?

Got the flight over with. The SYS DU now shows SYS A QTY at 36% with an "RF" beside it. I've tried all hyd-related failures/system servicing, but I guess this is indeed a broken feature for now unless I'm missing something. This time, loading a new panel state cleared the problem....not quite the most ideal way of performing simple servicing, but I guess it'll do.

With the above question in mind I would like to add the following one:Are the hydraulics a feature going to be further developed by PMDG (this including manual gear extension and othe HYD related emergencies)? Answer from developers only would be appreciated. Cheers!

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Pushing to the front again; I'm hoping that if there's no solution at the moment (apart from reloading panel states) that it will receive some attention in SP1.

I logged a ticket for this since I have the same problem. I was just told to reset the failure and it would fill the tanks. It obviously didn't. I get the feeling PMDG do not regard this as a problem at this stage.

I logged a ticket for this since I have the same problem. I was just told to reset the failure and it would fill the tanks. It obviously didn't. I get the feeling PMDG do not regard this as a problem at this stage.
Yea, no dice on the hyd refill here either. When the SYS DU indicates a refill "RF" is required and there isn't any means to do that, it's a problem. Hopefully, SP1 will touch on this.

You can probably fix it by editing C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\SimObjects\PMDG 737-800NGX\state.cfg as well. Make sure that you go to the correct directory for your plane variation

You can probably fix it by editing C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\SimObjects\PMDG 737-800NGX\state.cfg as well. Make sure that you go to the correct directory for your plane variation
Yea, as I mentioned earlier, I finally got it to clear with a panel state refresh after landing. The main point though is that there is no apparent means of refilling the hydraulic fluid through "normal" means and clearing an active refill failure does nothing to actually solve the problem.

I can just picture a real 737 crew in a real 737, looking down on their instruments and seeing a low hydraulic fluid warning, and calling the maintenance people: "Umm... can you guys send someone over here to reload our panel state, cause we're running low on fluid".

Cristi Neagu

You really could stop with the accusatory tone... I need to talk to the person who programmed this to find out for sure and I just haven't been able to in the last few days because he's been extremely busy with other things in his life. I will let you know as soon as I talk to him.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I need to talk to the person who programmed this to find out for sure and I just haven't been able to in the last few days because he's been extremely busy with other things in his life. I will let you know as soon as I talk to him.
Thanks Ryan! I know you all are busy...just hoping this gets a looksee. ;)