Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

10th Anniversary 9/11 Tribute Paint/Video

Hey guys/gal, I made this paint for the 10th Anniversary of 9/11. If you haven't seen seen my post in the general section, please refer to it for info and screens - Click Here. Otherwise I think this video does what the screens do and more.It's now available on Avsim and hope you all enjoy it. Here's the Avsim Link Watch in full screen on 1080p, it actually looks MUCH better. Like PMDG does with the pogo stick, I hide several things in all my videos, FLASH, web site, DVD's, etc... The things hidden in this video aren't really hidden but the more you know about 9/11 the more you'll enjoy the video and understand what my thoughts were.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Yeah, same here. In this case though the chose tunes help tell the story ;)Thanks for the compliment Jay.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

This should be on the Avsim main page, not buried in th 747 forum. I hope you dont mind but I linked to the YouTube site on my Facebook page, this needs to be seen!

Jay

I don't mind at all Jay. I hope the video makes people both sad and relieved the ones who suffer the most so the more that see it the better. I am not and never will be a youtube guy where I care about subs and ratings and all that noise anyway. I took your advice and it's now posted in the video section. Not sure I ever browsed anything here on Avsim other than PMDG and RC4's forum haha, weird.

Dan Prunier

Dan, after seeing your work with the 747, I had to go to your forum and look at your other screen shots. I only got through a few because I had to come back here and tell you what beautifull shots they are, you obviously have tons of talent!!! I am going to spend the rest of the day browsing through them, thanks you for all your work!

Jay

Thanks bud, appreciate that. I have to say though and without starting a religious debate haha. I'm not this talented. This video practically put itself together and the final scene was flawless and a fluke. To see my scenery holding that well without popping or disappearing and the way all the AI lights synced with the song (which in itself is so random how that was even listened to) is amazing in itself. So many things about this video that are nicely spooky, in other words I can't explain,,, it made itself (don't lock me up).

Dan Prunier

Just in case there are requests coming from this topic for this paint to possibly be done on a different aircraft, please read this post that explains why that is not possible.Thanks.

Dan Prunier

Hey Dan, Great video, I liked the music. By the way, you don't sound like a typical bostonian on your "my setup" video. I was stationed at Pease AFB for 5 years.

Hi Moe!Glad you liked the video. I get that all the time about the accent. It comes and goes but normally need to be drinking to hear it myself. My time in the military mostly killed it. A roommate of 2 years in Germany was from Arkansas and my best friend was from Kentucky. That followed another 2 year stint in Fort Drum and that roommate was from Kentucky. In fact there weren't that many fellow Yankees there that I knew or hung around with. After the service I spent some time in Louisiana with a girl I thought I liked. All in all, after 6 years I lost most of the accent and when I moved back home couldn't believe how strong the accent around here was. I'm even pretty conscious of when I say things like the famous "park the car in the garage". I hated to lose the accent in some ways though since 34 of my years have been here.

Dan Prunier