Sign in to follow this  
ICMC

Adding Scenery to FSX

Hi all I have a problem adding scenery to FSXI downloaded the free versions (for trial) from UK2000. They say to start FSX and go to add sceneryI have done that. Once I click on add sceenerya new window opens and asks me for the path. I browse to the folder and click on the directory i say ok and then it drills down and shows me the scenery and texture folder. I pick one of them and it says no matching files foundWhat on earth am i doing wrong. This happens for all the ones I want to add on. I also got the free Prestwick one from Scotflight.Just wont work Thx in advance for answers. Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

u are using win7 right ?click "Add area" highlight the folder with scenery and texture folders in it, click ok, than right click inside the browse window.

Will give it a try Thx

u are using win7 right ?click "Add area" highlight the folder with scenery and texture folders in it, click ok, than right click inside the browse window.
Some trickAnd how should someone know about that?Thx for your help fantastic worked a treat.Is that a bug between Win 7 and FSX? Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

Yup. It's a bug in W7. FSX was never designed for W7, so i guess that's not surprising. IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Yup. It's a bug in W7. FSX was never designed for W7, so i guess that's not surprising. IAN
Which is pretty interesting inasmuch as they are both Microsoft products!

Guest jahman
...Some trickAnd how should someone know about that?...
AVSIM? :( Cheers, - jahman.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.