Sign in to follow this  
paul123

Do you need a fast hard drive and dvd player for fsx ?

HiHopefully getting to the end of my computer spec for fsx.Looking at buyingBoard : Asus P8P67Chip : intel i5 2500kGraphics : GTX 560iPSU Corsair 650wMemory Gskill Ripjaws 4GB DDR3I don't know what hard drive and dvd player/recorder to get. Do you have to spend a fair bit on these ? I don't want to compromise on the other components.With the memory is it best to go with 1300 or 1600 or does it make little difference ?Any advice gladly appreciated.Thanks Paul

Go with 1600 and get a super multi layer hard deive and i think you will be all set looks like a great rig and yes a fast hd is a must. Thats just my opinion.Ying Yang.gifBig Grin.gifAmerican Flag.gif

A WD Caviar Black HDD is perfect for FSX. 1600 RAM, definitely. Preferably 1.5v Just about any modern SATA DVD drive will suffice.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Guest jahman
...Just about any modern SATA DVD drive will suffice.
Agreed, although you might want to look into a Blu Ray capable drive as large hi-def monitors used for FSX are terriffic for watching Blu Ray movies (and future scenery and even MS Flight might be delivered in Blu Ray.) Cheers, - jahman.

HiHopefully getting to the end of my computer spec for fsx.Looking at buyingBoard : Asus P8P67Chip : intel i5 2500kGraphics : GTX 560iPSU Corsair 650wMemory Gskill Ripjaws 4GB DDR3 I don't know what hard drive and dvd player/recorder to get. Do you have to spend a fair bit on these ? I don't want to compromise on the other components.With the memory is it best to go with 1300 or 1600 or does it make little difference ?Any advice gladly appreciated.Thanks Paul
If you're in a tight budget, get the 1333 memory and A Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TBThat's just marginally slower than 1600 RAM + Caviar Black, you wouldn't even notice the difference

Agreed, although you might want to look into a Blu Ray capable drive as large hi-def monitors used for FSX are terriffic for watching Blu Ray movies (and future scenery and even MS Flight might be delivered in Blu Ray.) Cheers, - jahman.
This is true. I still regard them as a bit too expensive to justify for me but if I did it over, I'd have one.
If you're in a tight budget, get the 1333 memory and A Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TBThat's just marginally slower than 1600 RAM + Caviar Black, you wouldn't even notice the difference
I've heard nothing but good things about the Spinpoints... But the same goes for the WD Caviar Blacks (love all three of mine). Best Buy frequently has the Caviar Blacks on sell, so I'd be eying that one.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Guest jahman
...But the same goes for the WD Caviar Blacks (love all three of mine).
All my HDDs are Caviar Blacks, except for the two VRAPs Big Grin.gif Cheers, - jahman.