Sign in to follow this  
7snoopy7

Cessna 152/150 for FS9?

Hey everybody, I was looking for a good (freeware) Cessna 152 when I came across this Cessna 150 (need to scroll down a bit). However, the download link seems to be dead due to the Avsim Site hack. I've searched the Avsim Library, but to no avail. Googled it, but all I got is pics, videos, and forum posts of how good it issad.png. Is there any other way I could get this plane? Are there any other good 152s/150s for FS9? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Natanaël

Its available here: http://www.fs-tutori...ane_C150_01.php Scroll down the page and you'll find this: Download file(s) here :bullet_red.gif CESSNA 150 - François-Denis GUIDEE & Yves FRANCKART (46 964 Ko) That's the download. You'll need to enter a provided password and log-in (its right under the download link) - it was done this way to protect the download against hotlinks. The download is about 46MB. Its a wonderfull aircraft.

I'm a little confused. If I follow your link (which is the same I have used in my first post), the only downloads available are: Download :bullet_red.gifCESSNA 150 - François-Denis GUIDEE & Yves FRANCKART - Quiberon Airclub repaint / texture F-BXNSbullet_red.gifCESSNA 150 - François-Denis GUIDEE & Yves FRANCKART - Club Universitario de Aviación repaint / texture CC-KUG These are repaints/textures only. All other downloads on their site are unavailable on my end...any ideas? Thanks, Natanaël

Above them is the download for the Cessna itself. I just tested it and it downloaded the file fine. Here's a screenshot:

I finally got it thanks to your screenshot! It looked so different than what I had on my screen. That gave me the idea to try it using Internet Explorer...and guess what: It worked! If anybody else has the same issue, use IE 'cause Firefox has a problem with the download links. Thanks again Momtchil! This means a lot to me. Natanaël

Glad to hear you got the plane. Enjoy your flights - that's the best C150 for FS out there! and its freeware! I got the download page ok and displaying the same in GoogleChrome, IE and Firefox too (but I haven't updated my Firefox to the latest version yet, from what I hear they've changed a number of things).

Yes, thanks very much for this link....I never knew this plane existed, and it's excellent! Does anyone know if it works in FSX (Gold Edition)?

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

To Momtchil: It's the best GA plane in my hangar. Really useful for a 152 student like mesmile.png . The only downside in my opinion is that the altimeter uses millibars instead of inches of mercury. To Jim: Although I can't verify it myself, here's a video of someone using it in FSX:

. Also, it looks like Just Flight has a freeware Cessna 152 (http://www.justfligh...crosoftc152.asp). Don't know how good it is though 'cause I can't run FSX. Regards, Natanaël

To Momtchil: It's the best GA plane in my hangar. Really useful for a 152 student like mesmile.png . The only downside in my opinion is that the altimeter uses millibars instead of inches of mercury. To Jim: Although I can't verify it myself, here's a video of someone using it in FSX:
. Also, it looks like Just Flight has a freeware Cessna 152 (http://www.justfligh...crosoftc152.asp). Don't know how good it is though 'cause I can't run FSX. Regards, Natanaël
Glad to see you're enjoying the Fravin Cessna 150. I also have the one from Just Flight (the FS9 version) from a while ago, it came together with 3 other GA planes - its pretty good, but I like the Fravin one much better.
Yes, thanks very much for this link....I never knew this plane existed, and it's excellent! Does anyone know if it works in FSX (Gold Edition)?
It can run in FSX, the VC glass reflection textures for the windows and gauges may give you problems (displaying black) - if they do, just get rid of them and it should work fine.

In FSX, some of the gauges are black...which .bmp files should be removed? (the names of them?)

Jim Blake

Sorry - I don't remember the texture names. There was a list out there somewhere - try searching through Google or you can just experiment and see. Its been a long time since I played around with this and I don't really use FSX, prefer FS9. I think the problem was related to alpha layers used in the glass textures for the reflection on all glass in the fravin C150 VC. These caused issues with FSX and SP2 Acceleration. Just FSX, without any updates is supposedly able to run the C150 just fine. You can try using DXTbmp (available from here: http://www.btinternet.com/~mnwright/ ; along with some other nice utilities) to take a look at all the textures and identify the ones for the glass. Also you can use DXTbmp to remove all the alphas (from the glass textures) or make them completely black - that will work too, and you'll be able to see the gauges. You can definitely make it work ok in FSX. Some people have problems with all the glass (including windows) in the VC - all displaying black, others have problems with the gauges only. It's all fixable by sorting out the textures.

I've dug around and I think these are the glass textures (not sure if that's all of them though) - you can try removing them altogether; try removing the alphas from them or making the alphas completely black through DXTbmp: gaugereflection.bmpC150_smoothgauges.bmpC150smoothgauge2.bmpC150smoothgauge2_l.bmpC150smoothreflect.bmpC150smoothreflect2.bmp

Tried removing them all - no gauges. Put them back in, one by one - still not successful. The AI is completely transparent - can see the water going by through it as I fly over it....maybe it doesn't like my win7-64 setup for FSX.....it's perfect in FS9, of course.

Jim Blake

Hi all ! http://www.fs-tutorials.com/en/down_plane_C150_01.php

I finally got it thanks to your screenshot! It looked so different than what I had on my screen. That gave me the idea to try it using Internet Explorer...and guess what: It worked! If anybody else has the same issue, use IE 'cause Firefox has a problem with the download links.
It's also working with Firefox, unless you enable Adblock Plus on this website ! wink.png Happy Flying

Tried removing them all - no gauges. Put them back in, one by one - still not successful. The AI is completely transparent - can see the water going by through it as I fly over it....maybe it doesn't like my win7-64 setup for FSX.....it's perfect in FS9, of course.
OK - one thing that should work for sure is to edit the alpha layer on the textures with DXTbmp - get rid of it or make it completely black.