Sign in to follow this  
ga

Full rudder left/right after landing is this a bug?

Tested it again, and YES it was that I forgott to turn off the Autopilot after landing, and it probely tryed to turn after the Autopilot route , thx Gents ;)
Ok good, I was thinking hard over and a faulty rudder PCU Shocked.gif

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

I know this is an old thread.. but I'm responding anyway.

The autopilot disengages automatically after touchdown.. I can hear the alarm go of...

So how can it be, that is has something to do with the autopilot?

Victor Roos

The autopilot disengages automatically after touchdown.. I can hear the alarm go of...
So how can it be, that is has something to do with the autopilot?

No, it doesn't.

The pilot must manually turn it off, or manually override it (exert some force on the control surfaces to the point that the AP disengages).  It won't spontaneously just turn off after landing.

Kyle Rodgers

Stupid question then.. what is the alarm I hear and the red A/P that si flashing after touch down?

Victor Roos

Stupid question then.. what is the alarm I hear and the red A/P that si flashing after touch down?

It's the AP disconnect alarm, but again, you had to have made some input to get it to kick off.  The whole point of autoland isn't to put the plane on the ground.  It's to put the plane on the ground and control it until the pilot flying takes over.  He or she does this by disengaging the autopilot (in the real plane).  In the sim, however, you can just as easily do this by moving your yoke/joystick/rudder pedals.

...but in the end you are the one kicking the AP off somehow.

Kyle Rodgers

Alright.. I did some testing...

Is it possible that it has something to do with the landing altitude / decision altitude in the overhead panel?. That I shouldn't set it to 0.. But 100 or something.. B

It's the AP disconnect alarm, but again, you had to have made some input to get it to kick off.  The whole point of autoland isn't to put the plane on the ground.  It's to put the plane on the ground and control it until the pilot flying takes over.  He or she does this by disengaging the autopilot (in the real plane).  In the sim, however, you can just as easily do this by moving your yoke/joystick/rudder pedals.

...but in the end you are the one kicking the AP off somehow.

Victor Roos

Is it possible that it has something to do with the landing altitude / decision altitude in the overhead panel?

I very highly doubt it.  That only triggers the aural "MINIMUMS" callout, along with the alert on the displays.

Kyle Rodgers

A/T kicks off 2 seconds after touchdown. You must disconnect the A/P yourself.

Matt Cee