Sign in to follow this  
KLM386

Not nice ! the instant replay with the NGX

Hi all, maybe someone will have the same expierence. but after a nice landing, or sometimes not so nice landing ( ###### happens) i want to evaluate what i have done wrong.and replay the last 200 seconds or so.That works, but its not nice that all the flaps. spoilers, etc etc,, are in the final position, just before starting the replay.I tried the video, but that has the same issues. Anybody a solution or same experience ? or maybe i'm doing something wrong. Thanks in advance for commenting or helping.Regards Rob

IIRC the reason is rather, that most of the animations on the NGX are non-standard and can not be recorded through FSX as is simply doesn't "know" about them, i.e. FSX can only detect flap position and such if the aircraft is using the standard animation framework of FSX - which PMDG products don't do for the most part.

fs recorder does not work with the NGX at least not for me

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

fs recorder does not work with the NGX at least not for me
It works for me. Try selecting all of the possible variables to record in the settings menu of fs-recorder.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Works fine for me too and I'm using the default setup that already has everything set to record. You do realize that instant replay and FS-Recorder are seperate? When you install FS-Recorder you do not use instant replay. You start recording with FS-Recorder then stop recording at some point and save the file. When you want to watch it you select the file you just saved and play it back.

Works fine for me too and im using the default setup that already has everything set to record. You do realize that instant replay and FS-Recorder are different? When you install FS-Recorder you do not use instant replay. You start recording with FS-Recorder then stop recording at some point and save the file. When you want to watch it you select the recording you want to watch and play it.
fsrecorder also has instant replay. which can be saved in retrospect.

i have wasted much time, all set up properly still did not work i gave up not that important to me

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Works fine for me too and I'm using the default setup that already has everything set to record. You do realize that instant replay and FS-Recorder are seperate? When you install FS-Recorder you do not use instant replay. You start recording with FS-Recorder then stop recording at some point and save the file. When you want to watch it you select the file you just saved and play it back.
Works fine for me too, everything except the lights and the landing gear, which it tries to raise or lower, but they get too slow and get stuck until I hit the 'g' key. Anyone has this problem? what doesn't work with fsrecorder wrt NGX?

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Works fine for me too, everything except the lights and the landing gear, which it tries to raise or lower, but they get too slow and get stuck until I hit the 'g' key. Anyone has this problem? what doesn't work with fsrecorder wrt NGX?
I'm a long time user of FSrecorder, and its amazing how it can capture so many more variables than the standard record mechanism in FSX. I can confirm the above, that lights and landing gear are not recorded, and I believe those are the only settings relevant to replays that are missing, whereas those two settings are captured for most other complex addons. I also saw the slow gear extend sequence with FSrecorder, and use the g key to finish the sequence.

I use FSRecorder. After recording a landing, then continuing on to cold and dark shutdown, the recording shows the airplane on final approach with the door open, airstairs extended, chocks glued to the wheels and the ground cart attached. I would like to start making a few videos, I guess FRAPS is in my future.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

IIRC the reason is rather, that most of the animations on the NGX are non-standard and can not be recorded through FSX as is simply doesn't "know" about them, i.e. FSX can only detect flap position and such if the aircraft is using the standard animation framework of FSX - which PMDG products don't do for the most part.
I worked fine in FS9?!?!? Bert Van Bulck

I'm a long time user of FSrecorder, and its amazing how it can capture so many more variables than the standard record mechanism in FSX. I can confirm the above, that lights and landing gear are not recorded, and I believe those are the only settings relevant to replays that are missing, whereas those two settings are captured for most other complex addons. I also saw the slow gear extend sequence with FSrecorder, and use the g key to finish the sequence.
LOL, this is the first time I'm quoting myself. I just remembered there is another "important" landing animation that is not captured by FSrecorder: ground spoilers. As with the landing gear, this appears to be a custom animation, or custom in the sense that PMDG uses extra keystrokes to activate it that differ from the default FSX programming.