Sign in to follow this  
KLM386

Not nice ! the instant replay with the NGX

I worked fine in FS9?!?!? Bert Van Bulck
So you got the NGX running in FS9? Impressive!

So you got the NGX running in FS9? Impressive!
Come on man, try to be an adult.I ment that the replay of the PMDG 737 worked fine in FS9. I don't see any reason why they couldn't make it work in FSX. Bert Van Bulck

Come on man, try to be an adult.I ment that the replay of the PMDG 737 worked fine in FS9. I don't see any reason why they couldn't make it work in FSX. Bert Van Bulck
And was the FS9 version even half as complex? Nope. Alot more variables going on with the NGX.

LOL, this is the first time I'm quoting myself. I just remembered there is another "important" landing animation that is not captured by FSrecorder: ground spoilers. As with the landing gear, this appears to be a custom animation, or custom in the sense that PMDG uses extra keystrokes to activate it that differ from the default FSX programming.
The ground spoilers work in FSrecorder, but you have to re arm them when in replay or just do it after you land and then start FSrecorder instant replay :-) /Rodd

I think reason some people are having problems is they are not ending the recording until after they shut down. Start the recording on approach for example and end it before you get to the gate. Before you shut down go watch your replay. (Do not power the aircraft down). If you forget about your recording and want to watch it later. Load up FSX select the NGX and load a flight with the NGX running with engines on which is the default. Then load up your saved flight. Works that way too. But not when the aircraft is powered down for some reason.

After reading this thread, I went to download FS Recorder and instlled and used it to record a few landings without any problems. Note that there are 2 vrsions, one for FSX and one for FS9 - if you download the wrong version (I did initially but fortunately noticed before I installed it) you will have problems. I am running FSX on Win 7 with everythig installed in the X86 folder contrary to recommendations, with FScene, Ultimate Terrain and a few other addons. FS recorder is much better than the standard FSX playback, and if you are not happy with a recording, you can just not save it or delete it later. For example I started a recording of a recorded flight of the tutorial landing, but after a few minutes, I realized that I had started the recording too early; so I just stopped the recording and restarted it when I got close to the landing, and stopped it after I stopped the plane on the runway, saved the recording and then watched it while FSX was on pause. You can back up or advance the recording by means of the keyboard arrows. I don't know if this is in the manual or not because I did not read it. Henri

Henri Arsenault

The NG was their first product for MSFS, ported over from FS2002 even. It just wasn't as complex and well designed as the Jetstream or the NGX now. You could try to get a sense of humour. Cheers!

The NG was their first product for MSFS, ported over from FS2002 even. It just wasn't as complex and well designed as the Jetstream or the NGX now. You could try to get a sense of humour. Cheers!
So you say that it is perfectly normal for a new product to loose standard implemented functionality. Glad your not developing excel: we might have lost the SUM function... By the way, there's nothing wrong wit my sence of humor. Bert Van Bulck

That's a bit of apples and oranges right there. It's either loosing that functionality or a mediocre aircraft. Choose what you wish, but I am glad PMDG chose the path they did.