Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

Forget Keywest! Santos here I come!

Was going to try the Short Field Package on Key West which has a runway length of 4801 ft. Then I came across the articles below. GOL operates 737-NGs out of Santos at 4,341 ft. It also said the short field package was designed for GOL so they could land 737-NGs at this airport. Heading down there tomorrow to check out Tropicalsim SBRJ. So for you hardcore 737-NGX Pilots who have tried everything else, this airport may just test how good you really are. Raised%20Eyebrow.gif Don't forget to equip your NGX with the Short-Field Package. http://tropicalsim.c...w=article&id=14 http://mobileri.voeg...0060731_eng.pdf http://www.boeing.co...060729a_nr.html http://www.flightlev...Video-4886.html

Guest tonyf38

Santos is an awesome addon.. Do you have Latin VFR key west?? It's updated and it's very smooth now..

When I saw the title, I thought you were talking about the city Santos, coast of São Paulo tongue.pngYes, Santos Dumont is very challenging, it has some really difficult approach procedures. But I don't know any of then, I fly mostly over Europe... a shame, as a brazilian simmer, maybe? laugh.png

Santos is an awesome addon.. Do you have Latin VFR key west?? It's updated and it's very smooth now..
I have not purchased Keywest from LatinVFR yet but I do have some of their other fantastic sceneries. It's on my list of to get though. Whats the USD Cost? I'm looking forward to the release of San Juan TJSJ by Latinvfr cause the Blueprint and Imaginesim TJSJ really don't look that good because they are so old. Is Tropicalsim the only Payware Developer that has SBRJ Scenery? It is the only one I know about.

I've been saying this like a broken record. Fly into Santos Dumont! So apparently LatinVFR is the best representation of Rio? EDIT. Never mind, LatinVFR doesn't offer Santos. Misunderstood.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I have not purchased Keywest from LatinVFR yet but I do have some of their other fantastic sceneries. It's on my list of to get though. Whats the USD Cost? Im looking forward to the release of San Juan TJSJ by Latinvfr cause the Blueprint and Imaginesim TJSJ really don't look that good because they are so old. Is Tropicalsim the only Payware Developer that has SBRJ Scenery? It is the only one I know about.
As far as I know, there were some developers producing SBRJ at www.terra-brasilis.org -- can't confirm it, but you may want to search for information on their forum!

EDIT. Never mind, LatinVFR doesn't offer Santos. Misunderstood.
I missed your post on Santos Zach but found it after doing a search. I have 4 aiports down there SBGL, SBRJ, SBGR, and SBSP. Until the NGX came out my only 3 planes were the PMDG 747-400 and MD-11 and the Level-D 767-300. So I always landed at SBGL or SBGR cause I had heavies. Now that I got the NGX will be landing at the smaller fields.
Saw the Screen shots Tony, looks good and I am heading over to Sim Market to purchase it now for $21.60 USD.

Got the Key West scenery now and it is very nice especially at night. Taking off from Key West on a 2.5 hour flight to Aruba. Then going to do a 7 hour flight down to Santos Dumont.

Took off from Keywest on a 4,801 ft runway yesterday and flew to Aruba which was a nice 2.5 Hour Flight. Took off from Aruba and did a 7 hour flight down to Rio De Janeiro and landed at Santos Dumont. (SBRJ) Landed on a 4,341 foot runway which is the shortest I ever landed the NGX on. Been down to SBGL many times so I was familar with the area but it was the first time I landed at SBRJ and did it in the dark too. What a Rush!!!! happy.png Best of all the landing was smooth and I didn't burn up the brakes. I think they was at 2.1 at the gate and I had auto-brakes set to Max. If you want a challenge I highly recommend flying into Key West and Santos Dumont with the Short-Field-Package.

Guys, just to make a small correction: Santos is a city in São Paulo State that doesn't have an airport. We call SBRJ (the airport you're talking about) as Santos Dumont. I have a lot material to show about this airport (in fact, i'm designing a freeware version, which is much better than Tropical Sim's one, lighter, smoother, with photoreal textures). I worked there from 2006 to 2009, took a lot of photos, got a lot of charts and took off/landed a lot of times). If you're interested, drop me a line. Sean Campbell (a member of this forum) had the opportunity to meet me during his travel to Rio de Janeiro, and I took him to a spot place near (I mean, REALLY near, about 40 meters) of the end of RWY 02R at Santos Dumont Airport. He was SHOCKED. Maybe he could write some lines about that experience... LOL! Take a look at the pictures, Sean is wearing the hat, and the other guy is me: sean.jpgIMG_7294_1024.jpg EDIT: I forgot to say: If any of you would like to come to Rio, I'd be happy to be your host and show you the airport. Just let me know the dates.And Sean, I didn't ask permission to post your photo, but if you disagree, PM me as soon as possible and I'll take out them.

Edited by VARIG

Hi Gabriel, Now that is what I call a spotting position! The nearest I have seen in Europe to this was in Zurich, where the round airport bus trips used to stop between 2 intersecting runways to enable photographs to be taken. Looking forward to your scenery too. RegardsMervyn

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guys, just to make a small correction: Santos is a city in São Paulo State that doesn't have an airport. We call SBRJ (the airport you're talking about) as Santos Dumont. I have a lot material to show about this airport (in fact, i'm designing a freeware version, which is much better than Tropical Sim's one, lighter, smoother, with photoreal textures). I worked there from 2006 to 2009, took a lot of photos, got a lot of charts and took off/landed a lot of times). If you're interested, drop me a line. Sean Campbell (a member of this forum) had the opportunity to meet me during his travel to Rio de Janeiro, and I took him to a spot place near (I mean, REALLY near, about 40 meters) of the end of RWY 02R at Santos Dumont Airport. He was SHOCKED. Maybe he could write some lines about that experience... LOL! Take a look at the pictures, Sean is wearing the hat, and the other guy is me: sean.jpg EDIT: I forgot to say: If any of you would like to come to Rio, I'd be happy to be your host and show you the airport. Just let me know the dates.And Sean, I didn't ask permission to post your photo, but if you disagree, PM me as soon as possible and I'll take out them.
Hi VARIG, Nice hear brasilians active in this forum like you. I was preparing my explanation regarding this little confusion but you explained very well regarding our SBRJ. Nice Shot. Another sugestion for all would be to look for pictures in Airliners.net.

Looked at your Modeling of the airport. Looks like you started that a long time ago. You have any date for when you will be finished with it?

Guys, just to make a small correction: Santos is a city in São Paulo State that doesn't have an airport. We call SBRJ (the airport you're talking about) as Santos Dumont. I have a lot material to show about this airport (in fact, i'm designing a freeware version, which is much better than Tropical Sim's one, lighter, smoother, with photoreal textures). I worked there from 2006 to 2009, took a lot of photos, got a lot of charts and took off/landed a lot of times). If you're interested, drop me a line. Sean Campbell (a member of this forum) had the opportunity to meet me during his travel to Rio de Janeiro, and I took him to a spot place near (I mean, REALLY near, about 40 meters) of the end of RWY 02R at Santos Dumont Airport. He was SHOCKED. Maybe he could write some lines about that experience... LOL! Take a look at the pictures, Sean is wearing the hat, and the other guy is me: sean.jpgIMG_7294_1024.jpg EDIT: I forgot to say: If any of you would like to come to Rio, I'd be happy to be your host and show you the airport. Just let me know the dates.And Sean, I didn't ask permission to post your photo, but if you disagree, PM me as soon as possible and I'll take out them.
Hello Gabriel, nice to know that we have guys like you around here!, I'm Brazilian too and I look forward to some of the material you have and by the way I'll be heading to Rio at some point next year("gotta go see mommy"), and if you're still on the mood to take us on a ride around Santos Dumont that would be great! good to meet you!