Sign in to follow this  
skyking93

Sound Question

I know that in the classic 737's there is a kind of popping sound when you switch the power from APU to generator or the other way round. Do the 737 NG's make this same sound? Because mine isn't making it. ThanksJoel

I know that in the classic 737's there is a kind of popping sound when you switch the power from APU to generator or the other way round. Do the 737 NG's make this same sound? Because mine isn't making it. ThanksJoel
I think I know what you mean about the classics. Along with the sound, do the cabin lights go out for like a millisecond and then come back? If so, I know what you mean. As for the NG, I've recently been on 2 of them, and didn't experience this.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

I think I know what you mean about the classics. Along with the sound, do the cabin lights go out for like a millisecond and then come back? If so, I know what you mean. As for the NG, I've recently been on 2 of them, and didn't experience this.
Yes that what happens in the cabin, but I am talking about the sound in the cockpit. You can here it on 737PIC.

Yes you can hear this in the 737NG. The 'popping' sound is louder in the cockpit, also the lights in the cabin will blink.

Yes you can hear this in the 737NG. The 'popping' sound is louder in the cockpit, also the lights in the cabin will blink.
Is the sound included in PMDG's 737NGX ?

I remember hearing this on the Boeing 767 series 200 (and the light would flash on and off very quickly)... Never really noticed it on any other aircraft Kimberly

The "pop" sound you hear on classic is made by the generator breakers that are stored just behind copilot Circuit breaker panel (the 2 for the APU), and below of them in 2 of the right nose gear bay maintenance access panels (3 forward, one aft for engines and ext. pwr)These contactors when engaged (GEN switches, or EXT PWR or APU GEN) engages or disengages these contactors and can be heard.On the NGs the system is almost the same in principle, but components are in the electronic bay, a bit far from the cockpit and the contactors are different.This make a bit hard to hear on NGs

Regards

Andrea Daviero