Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Carenado enters the glass market

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Wonder if we can use that with the Realixy GPS's?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Wow, they just released the Skymaster days ago, and now they have another aircraft in the pipeline? How can they push out aircraft at this rate? I think it's a pretty small development team..

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Wow, they just released the Skymaster days ago, and now they have another aircraft in the pipeline? How can they push out aircraft at this rate? I think it's a pretty small development team..
Maybe that's why a lot of their releases are simply beta's? And they leave it to the community to fix things? At least that was how it was with the 4 planes I bought from them. I stopped buying Carenade releases because of that.

It's simple. I think they spend all their time making eye-candy and use the same flight dynamics file for every aircraft they release. I stopped buying their products for that reason. If I want to look at pretty pictures of aeroplanes I'll visit airliners.net. And that's free.Yawn.gif

Actually some of the flight dynamics are being done be a well known avsim community member now. The flight dynamics on the C337 are quite good (he did those). The same gentleman is also doing some of the future add-ons in the pipeline for Carenado.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

It's simple. I think they spend all their time making eye-candy and use the same flight dynamics file for every aircraft they release. I stopped buying their products for that reason. If I want to look at pretty pictures of aeroplanes I'll visit airliners.net. And that's free.Yawn.gif
Carenado advertises that they have RW pilots validating their models and so does PMDG..... If anyone questions the PMDG model 50 people call him idiot but no one defends Carenado .. why?

Actually some of the flight dynamics are being done be a well known avsim community member now. The flight dynamics on the C337 are quite good (he did those). The same gentleman is also doing some of the future add-ons in the pipeline for Carenado.
Well I hope he has actually flown the real aircraft. Otherwise it's pointless. I find it difficult to believe the stuff written in many FSX aircraft reviews because at some point there is inevitably the disclaimer "I'm not a real world pilot so don't know if the flight dynamics are accurate". Err?! If you're going to publish reviews at least make sure the reviewer is qualified to comment on the abilty of the software to replicate the actual aircraft performance within the confines of FSX? Companies like Real Air Simulations and PMDG have shown it IS possible to make a realistic aircraft simulations for FSX. It just takes a little more time and the input of an EXPERIENCED and QUALIFIED pilot. If a website is going to publish a review of an aircraft simulation I think the least they can do is choose someone with real world experience of flying the aeroplane being reviewed. And if that's not possible get people with a current PPL/CPL/ATPL to review them. Many people want realism not just pretty pictures, and to date I haven't flown ONE Carenado simulation which has even approached the performance of the real-world aircraft (specifically the PA28 and Seneca - I fly the real ones as an instructor). I find FSX useful for teaching some aspects of flying to new students. It saves them money and me time. So when a publisher claims their product is "tested by real-world pilots" I used to take more notice. Now I only keep a couple of FSX aircraft on our school PC and have deleted the rest as they do not perform anything like the "real thing". OK I'll get off my soapbox nowStraight%20Face.gif Adam

IWhen I first got into simming, Carenado was like the ultimate GA aircraft to me. One of the planes I really looked forward to buying was the HD C340, but you know, I don't know what it is, but I never fly the darn thing. It has all the eye candy, but it just doesn't do it for some reason. I can only put it down to the 'feel' of the plane. I prefer flying the Seneca far more, IMO it actually feels like a proper plane. When I got hold of the Bird Dog I realised what people were saying about flght dynamics and handling. Suddenly it all fell into shape. The Aerosoft Katana is another prime example of an aircraft that actually feels like it has some soul and purpose. Of course it goes without saying that the PMDG NGX is the ultimate example of a plane that not only has the eye candy but actually feels like it has some soul. I hate to say it, as I have quite a few Carenado planes in my hanger, but I'm afraid I will probably be unlikely to buy any more Carenado planes in future, unless of course they have some soul.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I hate to say it, as I have quite a few Carenado planes in my hanger, but I'm afraid I will probably be unlikely to buy any more Carenado planes in future, unless of course they have some soul.
I own a lot of the older Carenado models (and they suck), but when their T210M came out I decided to Carenado another try. I'm glad I did! They're fde's and models are getting better and better. I'm looking forward to their JetProp DLX

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I own a lot of the older Carenado models (and they suck), but when their T210M came out I decided to Carenado another try. I'm glad I did! They're fde's and models are getting better and better. I'm looking forward to their JetProp DLX
Interesting Ryan. Well, I always like to think of myself as as a guy with an open mind... Having said what I have, I must admit, I do like their Grand Caravan...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Ya know what? I don't post much but i gotta say...it irks me to see all the hate about carenado and here's why. Their planes ARE gorgeous...and yes they HAVE looked mostly the same (VC and guage-wise) in the past. And yes some of the FDE's weren't spot on. BUT...here's the thing. They have REALLY stepped up their game recently...in a world when companies that I was RELIGOUS to like FSD and Dreamfleet have POOF gone away (DF literally and FSD figuratively)...leaving RealAir, A2A and PMDG as the only REAL viable options (ok there ARE a few others but you ALL KNOW what i mean) WHY on earth would anyone criticize the drive, momentum, and sheer will to produce products for FSX when MOST of them wouldn't know the difference between a real yoke in their hand at 8000 feet and a frikkin badminton racquet lmao. Guess I'm bored but geeez show me more than TWO producers of HQ aircraft for fsx right now - especially ones that keep stretching themselves. Whatever...I'm done ranting. Gonna go play poker online...at least the morons there don't hide lmao.

He's right, they DEFENTLY changed there tune, a lot. RXP Intergration, HD VC's, 3D Guages, better FDE's and better sound set's, I think they are really going to level the playing field against Real Air, F1 etc etc when they release this C90.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I have never played with a desktop simulator that acts like the real thing. But then I've never been in a simulator that flies like the real thing either. As a point of reference, here is a real type rated pilot reviewing a $15,000,000+ simulator for the 787. Even on a simulator this expensive he has to remind the readers that his view on how the aircraft handles is based on what the simulator says and not the real thing. That's because no simulator flies like the real thing.http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2010/08/26/346652/video.html btw, I like Carenados. I hope they don't get discouraged by the flight simmers who want realistic performance from a $35 add on. LOL.gif

I have always looked upon the claim by nearly every single developer, that their products were tested by RW pilots as a bit suspect anyways. Actually... I think it depends on the airplane. Some are completely believable such as the GA stuff Carenado makes, many GA pilots including A/C owners I know are very interested in PC based SIMS. But once it starts to climb into the realm of airliners, 747's and MD-11, I tend to just say okay... maybe... maybe... Now this don't negate the facts that developers like PMDG makes some outstanding products. And I'm not saying PMDG don't have pilots on staff. Infact if any one would have a qualified heavy driver on staff I'm sure it would be PMDG. But seriously folks, just how many 757/767, 747 or MD-11 drivers really slog a long haul trip from LHR to SFO and back only to fire up Microsoft FS when they get home? The senior grey haired Captains that I am close friends with all own fishing boats... and as soon as the flight bag hits the floor they are out the door headed to some body of water. Another restores 60's and 70's Corvettes, he has 9 of them. cool.png I'm not saying these developers don't have someone with credentials on staff, but I simply find the claims by all the add on developers a bit suspect. Most airline drivers I know cringe if you ask them to take a day trip in your Cessna... they, like most who do something for a living simply turn it all off when home, they have other interests and very few have outside aviation interests, usually its an old Cub or something uniques like a float plane. Even less care for PC based SIMS. Remember, these are the same guys and gals that fuss about required annual FAA SIM training. Can't imagine many of them are THAT obsessed enough with FS to take part in development. I'm sure there are a scant few, but hardly enough to cover all the claims by all the developers who state they have some bus driver on staff testing their wares... JMHO...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy