Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Carenado enters the glass market

Guest bstolle
Oh, have you done any personal mods to it that you'd care to share
Still waiting for the pilot reports from 2 210 pilots.....new FDs for the 210 are still planned....
Carenado make lovely looking aeroplanes. Would I use them to demonstrate how aircraft fly to a student? No.
Have you flown the Milviz Cessna 310 ? This is the only GA twin recommended for engine out training in FSX by real pilots (avsim oldtimers btw).E.g. below Vmca you enter a flat spin very easily, the tendency to dutch roll in turbulence is modelled etc....The Carenado Cessna 337 also slips, spins and snaps. That's a new generation of FDEs not comparable to previous Carenado FDEs

Yep. Even got the rather strange quirk into the flight model that the minimum speed at fwd c.g. and mid weight is higher than the stall speed at max weight! At fwd c.g. the real A36 is so nose heavy that you can't stall her. Hence the minimum speed at lower weight is higher than the stall speed at higher weight. Despite the comforting heavy and stable feel she loops easily and even nice hammerheads are possible. The aerobatic capability is important for me in this case because the A36 is very similar to the F33 which is certified in the acrobatic category at low weight. While not 'certified' the A36 is capable of these maneuvers and the FDE should reflect this IMHO.
Any chance you could do something for the Arrow? I love that aircraft IRL and the Carenado FDE is just wacky. It breaks my heart. I agree that Carenado has been improving the quality "under the hood" but instead of churning out new aircraft one after the other I wish they'd go through their existing catalog and bring it up to date. Fix the bogus flight dynamics, the squaks, add 3d gauges, etc. I will buy anything RealAir puts out the day it's released, sight unseen. But like several other people in this thread I am extremely cautious when purchasing anything from Carenado. If they would fix their existing catalog and bring it up to the standards of current offerings it would go a long way towards winning back customers who feel like they've gotten less than full value for their money.

Guest bstolle

Problem is that it all started when I made new freeware FDEs for the Carenado C185. Since then I constantly get more requests e.g. for the 210, the B58, the Arrow etc...I think that the PT6 simulation for the Jetprop dlx and the C90 will be really time consuming, so the freeware updates will take a while but I will not discontinue making high quality freeware FDEs!

When going for RW sim training the first session for me is getting used to how the sim (level c/d) flies - the feel is different. They're good but never spot on. Example - I flew the Saab340 for a few years and neveer found one where the throttles felt/behaved totally like the real deal - power was way too easy to set (and I don't mean by using the CTOT). I also felt V1 cuts were pretty dramatic but never having experienced one in the real aircraft it is only an opinion but I saw more people failing rides on V1 cuts more than anything else so I question the sim programming and I "flew" four different Saab level c/d sims.Having said this they are still great. These days it's just a king air I do sim training in and it does feel different than the real deal but still very good. Having said this and having quite a few years of training in the real full motion sims I feel quite a few of the creations for FSX are pretty darn good. We've got some talented people building us aircraft for FSX. Dave