Sign in to follow this  
FlyinIron406

Very odd issue that happens, I'd say, 50% of the time

Hey All, I was curious to see if anyone else was experiencing this odd issue. When I boot up FSX, load the NGX, and get ready to fly...sometimes all "clicks" stop working. No keys on the CDU register, or on the MCP or DU range/selection controls. Any screen the CDU was on in 2D, does not appear on the VC, and the VC CDU is non-clickable too. I usually use 2D for the FPS advantage. I'll do my ultra quick get ready. BATT ON, STBY BATT AUTO, EMERGENCY LIGHTS AUTO, APU Start. After the APU is started, I'll select the APU GEN power sources, and then turn on the bleeds and packs, and equip fans. I'll set the IRS's to ALIGN, and start programming the CDU. Somewhere between programming the CDU with and without the keyboard lock on, stretching the FMC popup to be bigger, and opening up (zooming) the MFD/MAP inboard DU and stretching it bigger, everything locks up. Keys don't register, etc. Not in 2D or VC. And as above, the page the CDU gets stuck in in 2D, is not the same it's stuck on in the VC. I have to restart to restore normal functionality. Any thoughts?

I had a similar situation occur to me only once, when I was loading a saved file situation during preflight. In my situation, none of the gauges/switches in the virtual cockpit responded to my mouse. I just restarted FSX and reran the same saved situation again and the problem was gone.

I had this happen to me once after changing (without stretching) from MAP to PLAN.Restarting FSX was the only solution.jos denis

This sounds like the classic panel freeze so well documented here in the forum. For me, I can only fly by not interacting with the CDU. This seems to be a common item with many experiencing panel freeze. Why? I don't know. I hope it is solved in the SP1.

Hi pd400,You say: ===== I'll do my ultra quick get ready. BATT ON, STBY BATT AUTO, EMERGENCY LIGHTS AUTO, APU Start. ====Try it again, but at a slow rate. Give the NGX-Computers time to evaluate your clicks...Best regardsHans-Peter

I've had this after adjusting eye position. It seems to stop at certain points when moving in or out.If it stops I move one way or another & it works again.

Hi pd400,You say: ===== I'll do my ultra quick get ready. BATT ON, STBY BATT AUTO, EMERGENCY LIGHTS AUTO, APU Start. ====Try it again, but at a slow rate. Give the NGX-Computers time to evaluate your clicks...Best regardsHans-Peter
or even better, try from a saved panel and see if it happens..

Sorry for posting under this topic, just didn't want to open another one aswe already have an out of control situation here with generating topics. Though not exactly the same issue (and truth be told for me it's not a real issue anyway)I do experience that sometimes, at some certain angles in my VC of 738wmouse cursor does not change to whatever it should change when moved over somethingclickable/turnable/pushable. All it takes is to move my head (I use TrackIR) away and then reposition, or sometimes simplychange an angle of how I am positioned relative to the items I want to click/turn/push andit works. Kind regards.