Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

Losing hydraulic quantity

Everytime I begin a flight, my hydraulic quantity ( the left system only)is at a normal 98%ish level. But usually shortly after takeoff and for the remainder of the flgiht, the hyrdraulic level in the left sytem drops too 72 and the box that displays the number turns white. I always turn the gear to off about 10 sec after retraction as recommended. I do have service based failures turned on, but it literaly occurs on every flight. Can someone provide some insight/ help? Thanks,Mitch Bowman

72% is not really that low. 26% of you hydraulic fluid goes into the airplane's systems (like flight controls and such).

Cristi Neagu

Hydraulic System A reservoir has capacity of 26 liters (7 gallons) Look what is connected to the Hydraulic A system, the biggest user are for system A is the landing gear retract actuators. you have 2 actuator for the Main landing gear that needs allot hydraulic fluid and for the nose there is a retract actuator that is smaller than the main landing gear But you need allot of hydraulic fluid to retract the landing gear. But when the landing gear is retracted you don't need hydraulic pressure to keep the landing in the up position there are hooks to keep the landing gear's in up and lock position To remove this hydraulic pressure from the actuator's you put the landing lever to OFF position. and all the hydraulic fluid should return to the Hydraulic A reservoir that it can be used for other hydraulic powered system's That is not correctly simulated on the NGX. If you get 72% hydraulic quantity on the ground you get a Refill message. Not in the air But 72 % hyd quantity is to low.

Mark Scheerman

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900 Ground Engineer

Hydraulic System A reservoir has capacity of 26 liters (7 gallons) Look what is connected to the Hydraulic A system, the biggest user are for system A is the landing gear retract actuators. you have 2 actuator for the Main landing gear that needs allot hydraulic fluid and for the nose there is a retract actuator that is smaller than the main landing gear But you need allot of hydraulic fluid to retract the landing gear. But when the landing gear is retracted you don't need hydraulic pressure to keep the landing in the up position there are hooks to keep the landing gear's in up and lock position To remove this hydraulic pressure from the actuator's you put the landing lever to OFF position. and all the hydraulic fluid should return to the Hydraulic A reservoir that it can be used for other hydraulic powered system's That is not correctly simulated on the NGX. If you get 72% hydraulic quantity on the ground you get a Refill message. Not in the air But 72 % hyd quantity is to low.
Do you also get 72% in the air? or is it just me?

Do you also get 72% in the air? or is it just me?
Yes that is possible but if you get 72% in the air with landing gear lever is in OFF and all hydraulic powered system are neutral ( in cruise flight) you also see the 72% of hyd quantity on the ground.I was actually talking about the Refill message, If the hydraulic quantity gets below 76% a (RFL) refill message will show next to the quantity indication, This will only happen on the ground and not in the air.

Mark Scheerman

So....If it gets low then the question asked in several posts and not as yet answered: How do we refill it in the NGX?

Yes that is possible but if you get 72% in the air with landing gear lever is in OFF and all hydraulic powered system are neutral ( in cruise flight) you also see the 72% of hyd quantity on the ground.I was actually talking about the Refill message, If the hydraulic quantity gets below 76% a (RFL) refill message will show next to the quantity indication, This will only happen on the ground and not in the air.
so is it normal to get 72%? that's what im trying to figure outMitch Bowman

Oh, sorry. I have misunderstand the question to which I answered wrong. I meant he asked how to refuel and not to refiell. Sorry.

so is it normal to get 72%? that's what im trying to figure outMitch Bowman
No it is not normal during normal operation to drop to 72% hydraulic quantity, as I try to explain why it's not normal in previous post's !!! but it could happen if the gear lever is still in the UP position, the hydraulic A system still keeps the pressure on the landing gear retract actuator's, that's why you put the landing gear lever to the OFF position to remove the Hyd pressure from the retract actuator and the Hyd A fluid returns to the reservoir, The Hyd quantity will rise again mostly above 85%.

Mark Scheerman