Sign in to follow this  
kiki

HD?

What the HD stands for in the King Air and and Malibu? Better cockpit? But better than what? Poorer performance? Don´t get me wrong, I´m eagerly waiting for the new releases. Just would like to know what we will get...

HD means High Definition. It means that these aircraft use textures with higher resolution than the normal releases.

well, I do know what HD means. What I was thinking, do the HD cockpits give us improvements that would make any difference... Or do we get just less fps?

Hello kiki!I have a now mid-range PC with Q9550 and a GTX285 on Win7 64bit, nothing overclocked. On my side I have had no framedrop when flying Carenados HD releases! These HD textures are in higher 2048x2048 resolutions inside and outside and yes, you see the difference, just awesome, but with my pc configuration it is no problem yet ... don´t know how Carenado managed that, they just find the eveness in their models all the time! But I understand your concerns and I share it completely, till now I just LOVE the Carenado-planes because my pc can handle ALL planes of them easily and I hope so much that especially the C90 won´t get too much blew up with extras to get a slideshow in the end of Carenado for the very first time! To make a conclusion: all of Carenados HD- and non HD - releases are till now absolutely equal on systemsdemand on my side here Angel.gif ! Hope that helps! Andreas EDDN

Danke, Andreas! I agree. There is no point in add-on airplanes which are not flyable. It doesn´t help if they have all the systems simulated and if they look great if you can´t FLY them. After all flying is the main use of airplanes (in real world and in simulatorLMAO.gif ).

What I was thinking, do the HD cockpits give us improvements that would make any difference... Or do we get just less fps?
The 2048x2048 resolution makes a big difference when you get closer to the textures, after all they have four times the resolution of the standard 1024x1024 textures. From a distance you won't be able to see much of a difference, though. The performance impact depends on your graphics card. When I reduced the texture size to check out if I would get a performance increase I didn't see much of a change. Maybe 2-3 FPS on my Ati 4870.